1.7

2007 Nissan Armada brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Armada:

2007 Nissan Armada Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Apr 062014

Armada

Brake light on my dash will come on and all of a sudden I hit the brake and a violent jerking and grinding sound on the brake. The brake feels like it would slip for little and but will still stop the vehicle. I turn the engine off and everything became normal again. I took it to the dealer to get check and they said that the were not able to mirror the problem and send the vehicle back to me. Now it happen several times again and I would just turn the engine off and resolves the issue. This issue has a class action lawsuit and won. There had been plenty of complaint regarding this problem too from other owners. What I don't understand is that why is there no recall regarding this problem still.. why am I being force to pay for this defect first and then get partially reimbursed

- Arcadia, CA, USA

Jun 172016

Armada

Brake light indicator came on. Brakes became unresponsive. When pushing the brake pedal, the brakes made a crunchy noise, like metal rubbing together. There was a lot of noise. It was difficult to stop the vehicle. I was in motion on a city street. When I turned the car off and back on, it went back to "normal" with no brake light indicator on.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Apr 062016

Armada

While driving approx. 30 mph down city street in morning traffic, the emergency brake light randomly comes on and when I try to brake the car make a grinding noise and I do not have full braking power. When you turn the car off it resets and the car resumes to functioning normally. Local mechanic tested once, got no codes so replaced master cylinder. A week later it happens again; took it back and got a code C1179-brake booster....a $900+ job. Refuse to pay this kind of money when research show that this did not resolve the issue. Wrote to Nissan but got no reply. Conducted a search and found that hundreds of people are having the same issue.

- Richmond, CA, USA

Aug 082015

Armada

Randomly when applying brakes during normal travel ranging and speeds from 25 to 70 a loud grinding noise is heard the brake light comes on in the vehicle is extremely hard to stop. If the vehicle is shut off the system will reset and it will be as if nothing happened. Took the vehicle to a local shop had the vehicle inspected with no discrepancies. It just happened again on 06 November. Here is a link of other people experiencing the same thing. M.carcomplaints.com/Nissan/Armada/2007/brakes/service_brakes.shtml

- Petaluma, CA, USA

Oct 052010

Armada

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 40 mph, the brake pedal was depressed as a loud noise emitted with the illumination of the brake warning indicator. After the engine was turned off and restarted, the vehicle resumed normally. The failure became progressively worse over time. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Sugarland, TX, USA

Jan 122015

Armada

I think I already report the same problem that I experienced last year about the brake. I was driving suddenly I noticed the brake warning light is on then I applied the brake but it wont work and I heard a grinding sound. Pulled to the side stop the car turn back on and works perfectly normal. I took to the dealer. Mechanic advisor told me to replace the brake booster. But when I asked about the code and what is really wrong with it he can not provide me a code. So I decided not to replace it cuz I don't know if the whole brake booster have the problem, cuz he cannot give me exactly what is wrong with it and no code pop up when he diagnosed it. He advised me to drive it again so when I experience it again take it back to him. But I don't want to drive my truck with a brake problem cuz I don't know when is going to happen. I don't want to hurt myself off guard or I might hurt somebody else. From a concerned citizen.

- Gallatin , TN, USA

Sep 032014

Armada

I was driving around 60 mph with my kids in the vehicle and push the brakes to stop at a stop sign and the brakes just went out. The brake light came on and stayed on. Grace of god there was nothing in front of me!!! the brakes was making a loud noise and felt like the wheels was about to come off. Finally I got the car to stop and pulled over to check and did not see anything out of the ordinary. I turn the car off and was scared to move it. I was getting ready to call a tow truck just before I started the car back up and the brake light was off and the truck seemed like nothing happened. This happens on several occasions with no warnings what so ever!!! I took it to Nissan and they are saying it needs a brake booster which will cost around $1600. I contacted Nissan about this because looking online it is thousands and thousands of people having the same issues with these trucks. They refused to help saying it is no recall on this issue. Now someone have to step up and recall these vehicles because I can guaranty its been deaths behind this issue!!! I am a disabled veteran with a wife and 3 kids and this truck is dangerous! I am reaching out to a lot of people including lawyers for veterans and I will not stop until the president of the United States tell me its nothing he can do! that is my next step! all you have to do is look online at all the complaints. Cnn has already been contacted as well, thanks!

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Oct 192014

Armada

I have a 2007 Nissan Armada this is about the 5th time that the brake light has come on and when you try to stop the car it won't. the car will start making grind noises and don't won't to stop. When you get it stop you have to turn to car off for everything to reset and it works fine. This is a safety hazard and is going to get someone hurt if not killed.

- Chatsworth, GA, USA

Mar 012010

Armada

I have had this recurring experience off and on more than 10 times for at least the past 4 years. There is no known pattern of occurrence. It happens sometimes while I am driving and all of a sudden I hear popping or crunching noises below the vehicle and then the brake indicator light on the dash board will turn on. Then I feel I am loosing the ability to stop the vehicle as I carefully move over to the shoulder of the road with brake indicator light and popping noise still on. Due to this problem, my wife have stopped using this vehicle. Once safely off the road, this problem is often resolved by turning off and on the ignition and all will be well until the next occurrence. However, after yesterday's (09/27/2014) occurrence which was very scary, I called our nearest Nissan dealer and scheduled to have the vehicle inspected next Tuesday (10/01/2014). Out of curiosity, I decided to research this problem on the internet and was surprised to find hundreds of Armada owners with a similar problem and sense of helplessness with Nissan's reluctance to acknowledge this problem. I feel action should be taken immediately to address this potentially dangerous problem before someone losses their life.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Sep 222014

Armada

While driving during rush hour, brake light came on and pressing on brakes heard creaking and grinding noise, brakes went to floor and barely stopped before hitting car in front of me. After stopping in parking lot and turning car off, apparently resetting sensor, brakes worked ok. Auto tech checked it out and gave me code C1179.

- Mead, WA, USA

May 242014

Armada 8-cyl

The emergency brake light randomly comes on while driving and it causes the vehicle not to adequately stop properly. Once vehicle is powered fully off and restarted the vehicle functions normal. Nissan stated they can't find the issue with vehicle and don't know why and what causes this to happen. This is a very serious danger.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Aug 152014

Armada

Husband was driving the vehicle through a neighborhood traveling about 15mph. The brake light came one, the car began to shake and as he applied the brake, the car would not slow down. It finally rolled to a stop as he was pressing the break completely down to the ground. He pulled over, turned the car off for about 20 minutes. He re-started the car and it seemed to reset itself and drive normally. We are concerned as this is the first time this has happened. We are afraid to drive the vehicle on long distances or just anywhere for that matter. We are reading other complaints here and do not understand why this problem has not been corrected.

- Avondale, AZ, USA

Aug 122014

Armada 8-cyl

Known ABS issue if researched online. ABS light turned on with brakes screeching sound.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 022012

Armada

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The vehicle was able to restart and operated as normal. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the brake booster needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Lauder Hill, FL, USA

Jul 082014

Armada 8-cyl

The first time it happened I just pulled out of driveway. Recently it has been happening while driving on the road. As I am driving or sitting in traffic the brake light comes on and when I try to put the brakes on there is grinding and loud noises. Each time, I need to pull over or right there on the road, I put the car in park and shut the engine off. Once I turn the car back on the brake light shuts off and I can continue to drive. During and after the time the light is on and shortly after it turns off, my braking distance is shortened and I have to press on the brakes a little harder than normal. This is a very dangerous situation for not only me but for all drivers especially if I am in traffic.

- Lehigh Acres, FL, USA

Jun 302014

Armada 8-cyl

Brake light comes on while driving. So I started driving slowly. I tried to push the brake and I hear a loud grinding noise on the left front, and pedal goes to the floor. When you turn it off the ignition it goes back to the normal operation.

- Gallatin, TN, USA

Jun 302014

Armada

I was going down the road and the brake light came on the vehicle. I came up to a red light was mashing the brakes to stop the car was making a funny noise it was not wanting to stop. I finally got stop pull into the gas station turn the car off and started the car back up and the light was off. This is the third time it has happen to me.

- Chatsworth, GA, USA

Mar 252014

Armada 8-cyl

We purchased the vehicle in December 2013. In March my wife was driving and pulling into a commercial parking lot and the brake light went on and when she applied the brakes, the whole vehicle shook and made a loud noise. It was obvious that it was a brake issue because it only happened when she pushed the brakes. I test drove it later that night and the problem did not reoccur. I told her we would watch and see if it happened again. I was driving the vehicle today and the same problem occurred. Driving at about 20mph and turning into my neighborhood, the brake light came on and the brake pedal shook and the braking was about half as effective as usual. My wife does not feel comfortable driving the vehicle after this.

- Saratoga Springs, UT, USA

May 212014

Armada 8-cyl

Over the course of owning this car the emergency brake will come on while I am driving. This causes the brakes to not work correctly and is very dangerous. I will be driving and the incident will occur without warning. I have contacted Nissan several times but they have been unable to correct the problem. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Apr 042012

Armada 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that the brakes malfunctioned when applied and caused an increase in stopping distance. The contact shut off the vehicle and once restarted, the vehicle operated normally. The failure was recurring. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. No repairs were performed. The contact notified the manufacturer of the failure but no solution was offered. The failure mileage was 50,000. Updated 11/28/14 the consumer stated the brake light illuminated. 01/27/15

- Arleta, CA, USA