2009 Nissan Armada engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Armada:

2009 Nissan Armada Owner Comments

Jun 182013

Armada 4WD 8-cyl

Leaving work, I tried to start my car and it tried to turn over but stopped. The dash lights went dim and the needle indicators quivered and the car quit trying to start. I cleaned the battery terminals and the car cranked continuously but wouldnt turn over. After getting it towed to a mechanic whose computer couldnt communicate with the vehicle computer, then a Toyota dealership (no Nissan dealer in my town) who had the same problem, my coworker brought me a copy of a recall by Nissan for his 2006 pathfinder for a engine control module. I had it towed for a 3rd time (total of $415) to the Nissan dealer in helena, mt 65 miles away, they diagnosed the problem as a bad E.C.M. engine control module. The service technician said "I was lucky I wasn't on the highway"!!!! now im out of $1700 for a bad ECM that I was not neglegent in breaking, on a vehicle less than 5 years old. I feel since it was a faulty part, I shouldnt have to pay for it. Now im in more debt!!!

- Butte, MT, USA