2010 Nissan Cube drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Cube:

2010 Nissan Cube Owner Comments

Jun 302016

The transmission started whining and next day the car did not move. It stopped moving when I needed to cross the intersection of darrow St and gardiner ave in silver spring ave. Exposing my kids and others passers by.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

May 262016

The cvt transmissions in the 2009 and 2010 Cubes are known to be defective. I had mine replaced in February of 2015 and in May 2016, 15 months later, it needs to be replaced again. Nissan extended the warranty but did not fix the problem with the transmission. Since I am now over the mileage limit for them replacing it I am stuck paying $4000 for a new transmission that will only be under warranty for 12 months or 12,000 miles. The problem starts with surges in the RPM's after that the car will not go forward after coming to a stop unless you turn the car off then back on. Even after that it will do it every time you come to a complete stop. Very dangerous when trying to go through a busy intersection. I have filed a complaint with the BBB but was told they couldn't help me. I am attaching the files showing my repair and diagnostic. I am also attaching complaints from other Cube owners.

- Baltimore, MD, USA