2.6

2011 Nissan Cube drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Cube:

2011 Nissan Cube Owner Comments

Apr 132016

Cube

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Cube. While driving 15 mph, the vehicle failed to accelerate when the accelerator pedal was depressed. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 86,400.

- Hammond, LA, USA

Sep 072015

Cube

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Cube. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph, the transmission failed and the check engine warning indicator illuminated. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000.

- Boyce, VA, USA

Sep 252015

Cube

Internal transmission failure, made a wide right turn and vehicle went into safe mode. Cvt issue... no check engine light ever came on warning for caution.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Mar 232015

Cube 4-cyl

My 2011 Nissan Cube was being driven to work on the interstate. I pressed on the gas and the car did not move, all of a sudden it lurched forward almost causing me to rear end the vehicle in front of me. I took it to the dealership and I was told I needed a new transmission on a 2011? the car is barely four years old. It is outside of warranty and it is costing me $3700. After researching, I see that they have had problems with these transmissions and have extended warranties up to the 2010 models. It is a definite safety issue and needs to be looked into.

- Surprise, AZ, USA

Nov 132014

Cube 4-cyl

When attempting to accelerate from a complete stop our Nissan Cube intermittently accelerates very slowly and is not responsive to depressing the gas pedal. The vehicle will then lurch forward as though it is down shifting and takes off. This has been reported and investigated by the dealer 3 - 4 times (first report in July 2012) with the most recent visit (Oct 2014) resulting in a replaced transmission. This last week (Nov 2014) my wife and I were almost in an accident when pulling out into oncoming traffic as a result of this behavior. We will be contacting the dealer and Nissan this week as we have lost confidence in the vehicle and are concerned for the safety of our family.

- Temecula, CA, USA