$3,000.00

1. replace radiator and rebuild transmission (1 reports)
2004 Nissan Frontier cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Frontier:

2004 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Sep 052010

Frontier 2.4

2004 Nissan Frontier automatic transmission failed at about 57,000 miles.... extended warranty company claims pre-existing condition and refuses to fix it. I ended up having to pay for the repair myself at a reputable transmission shop. The mechanic informs me the transmission failure was due to a bad radiator which had an internal rupture that allowed the coolant to mix with the transmission fluid. Further, he said this is a commonly known defect for a number of nissan vehicles between 2004 - 2010 and that I should look up the possibility of a class action suit already in the works. So far I have posted my information to several places and thought it wise to post here as well.

Thx all.