2004 Nissan Frontier engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Frontier:

2004 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Dec 142011

Frontier 6-cyl

As I approached a stop sign on a secondary paved highway entering a primary highway, the above vehicle began to skid on a thin layer of gravel laid down on the blacktop for recent ice and snow control. The road was currently clear and dry. I applied the brakes which went halfway to the floorboard without antilock action. Concurrently the accelerator maintained the current speed of approximately 20 miles per hour. The vehicle continued through the stop sign on a collision course with an oncoming vehicle from the left moving at approximately 60 miles per hour. Without control of my vehicle it continued on its own across the primary highway missing the rear of the oncoming vehicle by a foot or two. The other driver appeared not to be aware of my inability to stop and possibly didn't even realize the incident occurred. Fortunately there were no vehicles in the opposite lane coming my direction and I speeded up to clear the highway and continue on the secondary road. At that point my vehicle functioned normally. The brakes worked again and the accelerator appeared to function normally. In essence, from the point of the skid, my vehicle drove itself across the highway. Antilock did not engage and the accelerator appeared to simultaneously malfunction.

- East Helena, MT, USA