Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Radiators are still cracking, leaking coolant and destroying transmissions. Which is a shame when you consider that otherwise, this would be a great small pickup truck.

2006 Nissan Frontier accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Frontier:

2006 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Sep 012008

I own a 2006 Nissan Frontier, it was delivered with only half the keys programmed for the vehicle, a strange rattling of plastic shrouding in the engine compartment and as I found out a fast set of tires later, the front end out of alignment [ too much toe in ]. when I read the manual I found out that my 4WD vehicle was "not intended to be used off of the road", this was not in any of the presales literature and the reason I buy 4WD is so I can use it off road. At 100 miles after warranty I had to take it in because the fuel sending unit had failed, about a $600 repair on a part that should last 200,000 miles. The mechanic told me their dealership is replacing about one of these a week on a couple of models. When I picked it up I got the trouble light on the way home, I scanned it to see what the problem was [code PO448 ]. I took it back. The first canister they ordered showed up broken [ kind of fragile for something mounted on the bottom of a 4WD ]. parts replaced under the emissions warranty were 14953zp50C filter-canister, 14950-ea20A canister assy. E, and 14935-am60B valve assy.-co. The service order says "...inspected/found no flow very rusty....". as the vehicle only has 36,000 miles on it this does not bode well for the future.

- Felton, CA, USA