7.6

$1,674.00

1. replace catalytic converter and rear manifold (5 reports)
2006 Nissan Frontier exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Frontier:

2006 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Nov 082013

Frontier SE V6

Lets see, I now have to fix the catalytic converter. I already fixed clutch 2, timing chain, fuel sending unit and a new computer.

- , Marin City, CA, USA

Aug 022012

Frontier Nismo 4.0L V6

I had to move back to California for work and had to get registered which means a smog test but my check engine light has been on for a while and it never effected performance so it was never checked out, once i went to a mechanic i found it was the catalytic converter on the passenger side. Mechanic said it would cost 700-800 to fix at this time i was not getting a paycheck and i was broke out of my skull but it had to be done had the truck since 92k miles I'm on 103k and i have 2 issues already just my luck.

- , Vista, CA, USA

Oct 282011

Frontier Nismo 4.0L V6

My truck 2006 Nissan frontier was caught up in the ECM recall.

Never had a problem before, I had to have my truck towed to Nissan and was told about the recall. After that was fixed I was told the ses light would not turn off and it was the cat bank 2 left side $1400 to fix within a week bank 1 failed. I felt the ECM was the cause of this but Nissan will not take the blame. I went to another dealership and they said the ECM recall would not cause this, give us $2400 we will fix this. Yeah real good!! Thanks Nissan.

- , Austin, TX, USA

Nov 302011

Frontier LE 4.0L V6

I had my truck towed in after it did not start. Found out that the timing chain tensioner and associated parts failed...Part was only around $200 but it is a 10 hour flat rate job at around $100 in labor, so the bill was around $1400.

I drove the truck home and the next morning on the way to work, my check engine light came on...figured the mechanics did/failed to do something from the timing chain work. Much to my chagrin...the mechanics tell me the code is for the catalytic converter R/L banks. This was quoted as a four hour flat rate job assessed to be in the area of $2400.00. Ouch this is really hurting me. I have treated my truck well and did not expect this amount of trouble with a Japanese vehicle...they should be bulletproof.

- , Orlando, FL, USA

Dec 292009

Frontier SE V6

Following the replacement of a computer part (IPDM) in early November in my 2006 Nissan Frontier...my truck never seemed to run as well as it had before the part stopped working...At the end of December I took the truck back to the dealership because of the lack of power, thinking it needed a tune up...(the check engine light had also come on)...I waited while the service department ran a diagnostic check on it....An hour or so later, they sat down to tell me that the filters in my catalytic converters were shattered and pieces were being back sucked (don't know the technical description) into the system and that the pistons were pulverizing the pieces and feeding them into the engine....The estimate for replacing the catalytic converters was $2773...and until those were replaced, there was no way to tell how much damage was done to the engine. I asked Nissan how in the hell, a truck barely 4 years old and well taken care of could wind up with shattered converter filters and they told me that they rarely see this kind of thing, but would normally be caused by using raw-subgrade gasoline...yet at the same time conceding that this was not the case with my truck. I then asked them if the earlier problem with the IPDM had anything to do with this problem and they assured me that these were two completely different issues and unrelated.

- , Gonzales, LA, USA