CarComplaints.com Notes: For years, Nissan trucks and SUVs have had problems with coolant destroying the transmission. And for years, Nissan has done nothing about it.

The 2007 is no different than the 2006 and 2005. Just avoid it.

2.4

2007 Nissan Frontier electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Frontier:

2007 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Feb 152012

Frontier

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Frontier. The contact stated that while parked, the vehicle was started and the air bag warning light illuminated. The contact also stated that the fuel gauge levels were inaccurate and fluctuated. In addition, the fuel warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bag and the air bag module needed to be replaced. The fuel gauge failure was not diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 82,000....updated 01/20/16

- Fallston, MD, USA

Dec 082014

Frontier 6-cyl

My husband has 2007 Nissan Frontier. When he drove a car go to work, suddenly stop and after that didn't start any more. We never got into accident before and taking care of truck very good. Tow company had to tow his truck to Nissan dealership and they said it's computer problem so cost $800, takes a week to fix. After a week they called us, said they found another problem so cost $2000, takes one more week. After 2 weeks we still didn't hear anything from them.after more than 1 month finally we got call from Nissan and they still can't fix yet and they found something wrong around transmission area..... they said seems like had a fire or burn around area and effected to all computer system. So now we have to change transmission and radiator which is cost $7000. It's mean we have to pay first $2000 plus $7000 = $9000 just fix for the car. I guess we still have a extension warranty on the truck so they can cover $4000 but still a lot for us cause we just paid off payment on this truck. Ofcourse I was thinking to buy new car if we can trade in this truck but sales person said they don't take this truck because this truck is trash? so I went to online to search about Nissan transmission, came out a lot. So many similar trouble has been reported.and now im really hoping you guys will announce this transmission is under the recall! it's not couple hundreds cost, it's more than couple thousands cost for!! it's not cheap. Dealership is just adding all cost that they doing. If it's our fault, I understand we have to pay but sound like not our fault. Good thing car didn't get a fire around transmission area. It's going to be 2 month since Nissan keeping our truck. My husband has been driving rent a car to go work and rent a car is not cheap. Hopefully we will hear something from you guys and it will be a good news for us.

- Kula, HI, USA

Dec 282013

Frontier

Fuel gauge not working properly. I brought the truck to dealer and they determined it was due to faulty fuel level sensor sending unit. Cost: $511. This should be a recall since it is a safety issue in that I could run out of gas on the highway and possibly become involved in a collision.

- Coventry, RI, USA

Jun 052013

Frontier

The vehicle has been fantastic in every way but one. About 6 months ago the tire pressure monitor stayed on after the blinking stopped. Normally it would blink a few times and quit. After I checked the tires and made sure they were all at 35lbs, I tried the old trick of disconnecting the battery to make the computer re boot. In this case that didn't work, so I took it to the dealer. They said everything worked fine, but I had a hard code. They cleared it and I went on my way. Worked ok that day and the next start but after that I got the hard code again. My tires were still at 35 lbs. So about a month later, the next time I drove by the dealership, I went in again. Same reply, same result. Its been about a year now and im over 100K. Wanna bet if I go back, they find and fix the problem this time. Course now I hv to pay instead of Nissan.

- Green Forest, AR, USA

Feb 182013

Frontier 6-cyl

Gas gauge quit working, making possibility of being stranded on the road. After filling the tank, the gas gauge shows same as before, then after a while, the gas gauge shows empty with the fuel light on, then after a while it shows some gas in the tank (maybe a little over half), then a while later it goes up to almost full. This is a common problem with this model, Nissan needs a recall to fix this!

- Carthage, MO, USA

Aug 052013

Frontier 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Frontier. The contact stated that transmission fluid was erroneously entering the radiator. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was determined that the radiator and transmission both needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 75,569...updated 09/30/13 the consumer stated there was an engine whine (noise) at all speeds. There maybe a failure with the timing chain. There was a rear axle leak which may be caused by a bad vent check valve. The power socket counsel was not working. Updated 10/29/2013

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 222013

Frontier 6-cyl

Fuel gauge drops to empty after filling up with gas. Engine check light comes on. Sometimes the gauge will go slowly back to normal position then engine check light goes off.

- Cleburne, TX, USA

May 032013

Frontier 6-cyl

I am writing this on May 9, 2013. About a week ago my 2007 Nissan Frontier experienced slow acceleration. I put it in 1st and drove slowly for 1/4 mile then turned off the engine. When I turned on ignition, gear shift was locked. I unlocked manually and tried to start. Nothing. Engine will not crank. No lights on dash. I towed it my local mechanic who tried some electrical work. Nothing so he thought a tranny failure put truck in failsafe. Aamco could not start it so they could not diagnose. Towed it to Nissan. They wanted to change tranny for $8000 new or $5000 used. Too much money for a vehicle w/ 110000 miles. I towed it out to another transmission place and they first thought it was the starter! they changed the starter, nothing doing. Of course jump start is not working so its not the battery. Im now stuck. Previously truck had stalled once on the highway at about 60000 miles and would only drive on gear #1. took it to Nissan dealership. They said they couldn't find any problem with tranny but they replaced the transmission fluid. Later at about 101K the transmission started slipping and Nissan found that the antifreeze had leaked into the transmission. They wanted to give me $2500 toward a $7300 repair. They also offered to give me employee pricing on a new Frontier but I dont want another Frontier, so I refused and instead took it to my mechanic. He put in a new radiator and flushed the transmission. Earlier at about 46000 miles, the fuel gauge stopped working and the fuel sender was changed. Nissan refused to help at that time but later initiated a recall and compensated me for the expense. Its been all pain with this truck which I bought "new" from a dealer with only 300 miles on it. Help.

- Fords, NJ, USA

May 032013

Frontier 6-cyl

2007 Nissan Frontier complaint. I am writing this on May 9, 2013. About a week ago my 2007 Nissan Frontier experienced slow acceleration. I put it in 1st and drove slowly for 1/4 mile then turned off the engine. When I turned on back on ignition, gear shift was locked. I unlocked manually and tried to start. Nothing. Engine will not crank. No lights on dash. I towed it my local mechanic who tried some electrical work. Nothing so he thought a tranny failure put truck in failsafe. Aamco could not start it so they could not diagnose. Towed it to Nissan of Edison NJ. They wanted to change tranny for $8000 new or $5000 used. Too much money for a vehicle w/ 110000 miles. I towed it out to another transmission place and they first thought it was the starter! they changed the starter, nothing doing. Of course jump start is not working so its not the battery. Im now stuck. Previously truck had stalled once on the highway at about 60000 miles and would only drive on gear #1. took it to Nissan dealership. They said they couldn't find any problem with tranny but they replaced the transmission fluid. Later at about 101K the transmission started slipping and Nissan found that the antifreeze had leaked into the transmission. They wanted to give me $2500 toward a $7300 repair. They also offered to give me employee pricing on a new Frontier but I dont want another Frontier, so I refused and instead took it to my mechanic. He put in a new radiator and flushed the transmission. Earlier at about 46000 miles, the fuel gauge stopped working and the fuel sender was changed. Nissan refused to help at that time but later initiated a recall and compensated me for the expense. Its been all pain with this truck which I bought "new" from a dealer with only 300 miles on it. Help.

- Fords, NJ, USA

Dec 132012

Frontier

After filling up the gas tank, the fuel gauge registered as empty and the check engine light came on. After several trips, the gauge finally hit the top, but the light is still on.

- Bend, OR, USA

Oct 012012

Frontier 6-cyl

After filling up with fuel on 10/1/2012 my gas gauge went to empty and the service engine soon light came on. Ever since the gauge would fluctuate up and down and the service engine light remains on. I see lots of post on-line about this faulty fuel sending unit on alot of different Nissan vehicle models and years. How come there hasn't been a recall for this part?

- Selden, NY, USA

Jul 062012

Frontier 6-cyl

Many problems with my 2007 Frontier. First my clutch went at about 65000 miles. Have been driving stick all my life and never needed a clutch. The rear axel leaked and created a bad squeal and damaged my brake pads. My low tire pressure sensors went bad and my heater core went at 60000 miles. I am also getting an electrical smell inside the cabin. Wow never had a vehicle have so much go wrong in less than 5 years. Nissan dealer and Nissan corporate both refused to accept responsibility of any defects.

- Wappingers Falls, NY, USA

May 102012

Frontier 6-cyl

After refueling the vehicle, I noticed that the fuel gauge was still indicating that it had only 1/4 tank of fuel. I drove about 2 miles and the "service engine soon" light came on. After arriving at home I shut off the vehicle, checked the fuel cap for tightness, and restarted. The fuel gauge dropped to empty, the low fuel light came on, and the ses light remained on. Later that day I drove about 35 miles under the aforementioned conditions. Upon stopping and restarting the vehicle, the fuel gauge went to full, but the ses light remained on. That is the situation as it stands now.I have not contacted Nissan directly yet, but I have researched the situation, and found numerous reports online of the same problem, and of Nissan's unwillingness to resolve the issue at no charge to the consumer.(it is apparently a defective fuel sending unit.) my reason for reporting this is twofold. 1) to make everyone aware of the issue, and 2) to express my concerns that a malfunctioning fuel gauge could cause a crash if the driver ran out of fuel while in motion, and had to make an emergency stop.

- Reidsville, NC, USA

Dec 272011

Frontier 6-cyl

My 2007 Nissan Frontier has approximately 52,000 miles. Upon attempting to start the vehicle it would not start and I noticed that all the gauges on the instrument panel were all shaking. After jump starting the vehicle it started however I noticed the trip mileage was reset to "000.0" and the "service engine soon" light was on. After shutting the engine and attempting to restart the vehicle it would not restart. When I attempt to start I hear a click click sound and all gauges would shake. I charged the battery and the problem subsided for a few weeks however the same problem listed above began to re-occur.

- Freehold, NJ, USA

Aug 272010

Frontier

When my 2007 Frontier reached a little over 50K miles, noticed service engine soon light coming on. Stayed on, turned truck on and off, noticed last time that the gauges all shook a little before engine started, now when to start again to take another child to school and engine won't start at all, makes click click sound and all gauges shake, see many similar complaints, looks like this needs a recall!!!!!!!!!!!

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Jun 012007

Frontier

First noticeable complaint is the automatic transmission that does not shift back down in lower gear when climbing a hill. It jerks and shakes at that moment.secondly, the tire pressure sensor does not go off after correcting the tire pressure and keeping it constant. Were told the dealer will have to reset, which they did once and it happened again so for 2 years we have just lived with it, keeping check on tire pressure the old way. Last but definitely not least for this is the cost factor involved, is the alignment cannot be done due to needing to purchase and have installed 4 camber kits! Nissan should have done this already for a $25,000 vehicle!! oh and finally this just happened but the rear passenger power window switch went completely out!

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jul 102010

Frontier

2007 Nissan Frontier with 49K miles gas gauge not working properly on and off. Service engine soon light keeps going on and off at same time.

- Yonkers, NY, USA

Jan 242010

Frontier

X.nissanhelp.com/forums/xterra/4151-fuel-gauge-problem-service-engine-soon-light.html "I had 1/4 of a tank of gas and went to fill up. After filling up my gas tank, I turned on the car, at which point the needle did not register the full tank. After driving a couple miles, the check engine light came on. I went directly to the dealer and was told that it was a fuel sending unit/sensor and that it was no longer covered after 30K miles apparently this is a bigger problem than I thought...there def. Needs to be a recall!! a couple wks ago I went to the gas station to fill up, I was at about a 1/4 of a tank. After filling, got in the vehicle, turned it on, and saw that it was still saying I had a quarter of a tank. Anyways, I ignored it until a couple miles down the road the "service engine soon" light came on. Went directly to Nissan dealership and was told that I needed part number 25060- fuel level sensor I did a search and found out I'm not alone. Went to the gas station tonight with a little less then 3/4 tank and filled it up - had to stop at the store anyway so I gassed up. Anyway, driving down the road, I looked down and my fuel gauge is on empty and the light on. Interesting, I thought. Then the check engine comes on later. He, I was thinking some kind of gas pocket or something so I got home and un did the gas cap, and disconnect the battery. The check engine cleared, but the fuel empty is still there. I have a 2005 Frontier. Bought my truck new in 1/05 and now has 47K miles. It's been a great truck but I hope these things don't keep creeping up. Learned a few things on this issue. We were out of warranty as well and had to pay out of pocket for 2005 xterra w/44,000 miles to get it fixed......kind of a rear end burner. Anyway use the P/N 25060-zs00A on the service bulletin # ntb07-69A. This P/N is for the sender unit "only" @ $97 only vs. The sender unit & pump assembly @ $290. A lot of dealers don't have this part number.

- Newnan, GA, USA