2.3

2008 Nissan Frontier fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Frontier:

2008 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Sep 182016

Frontier

I have a 2008 Nissan Frontier and the gas vent control valve has failed where the back wash flap at the top of the gas tank has fallen into the gas tank neck preventing me from being able to put gas into the gas tank. I called Nissan headquarters and they transferred me to a local dealer. The service manager there said I would be charged $150 just for them to look at the vehicle. I think this is outrages because I read on your government site that this is a common problem on more Nissan models too. This should be a recall item. Respectfully, michael H.

- Lithonia, GA, USA

Sep 202013

Frontier

Nissan acknowledged that the fuel gauge sending unit in model years 2004-08 was faulty, causing the unit to send faulty information on fuel levels and causing the check engine light to come on. They offered an extended warranty to repair the problem, but when I contacted them, they said my VIN# wasn't covered - even though it is the year model affected with the problem. No such restriction on VIN# S is presented on their websites. It is only after I tried to get the problem repaired that they denied covering it, even though it is a known defect. I appealed all the way to corporate and got nowhere. I believe they are simply trying to Dodge paying for a repair that is their own manufacturing fault.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Aug 052014

Frontier

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Frontier. The contact stated that the fuel level gauge failed to show the correct fuel level readings. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the fuel level sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- San Deigo, CA, USA

Jul 312014

Frontier

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Frontier. The contact stated that the fuel gauge indicated that the fuel tank was half full and while at a stop light the fuel gauge erroneously decreased to empty causing the empty light to illuminate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the fuel sensor on the fuel pump was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified but no remedy was offered. The failure mileage was 43,555.

- Martinez, GA, USA

Aug 182014

Frontier

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Frontier. While driving 45 mph, the fuel gauge lever decreased and the low fuel warning indicator illuminated, despite the contact having just filled up the vehicle with fuel. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who stated that the fuel sending unit failed. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 115,000.

- Lebanon, TN, USA

Aug 172012

Frontier 6-cyl

I filled up my truck one day for vacation N right after I turn on my truck it read full then I parked it to load up suit cases then I turn it back the light came and was reading empty then my service engine soon light came on.

- Hondo, TX, USA