2011 Nissan Frontier seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Frontier:

2011 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Aug 102011

Frontier 4WD 6-cyl

Myself and three kids and dog had been on a mild 4 wheel drive road having a little cook out and hike. We were coming home on a smooth maintained county road going and coming to stop by a stream. I think my foot was on the brake, we were maybe going 20 miles an hour when my side airbags exploded. Seat air bags and front airbags fortunately did not explode. I received mild burns and bruises on my face. My 6 Y.O. red, hurt on his chest. 11 Y.O. lost his hearing temporarily and red stinging ear. Other child, 8, uninjured as she was bending over putting on her shoes as we were coming to a stop, but is afraid to sit up straight in a car now. Wants to lay down on the seat all the time. We had to cut ourselves out of the vehicle with our jack knives. We had no cell phone service and had to drive home 45 minutes with no seat belts and they locked up. I can not even start to describe how scary it was. Nothing has been done to correct it. 2011 Nissan Frontier with a 6 year extended warranty and they are trying to get out of fixing it. No one understands how this can be. Nissan is now looking in to the 'little brown box'. we are looking for help.

- La Porte, CO, USA