6.7

2012 Nissan Frontier engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Frontier:

2012 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Jun 302015

Frontier

I first noticed the incident today in a downtown area, speed of 35 mph. Upon removing my foot from the accelerator the RPM dropped to 1000, not lower, and the vehicle continued to move at the 35 mph. At every opportunity I was able to duplicate the event. As I entered our street I braked reducing speed. The vehicle RPM remained at 1000 and the speed was lower, but requiring braking to slow completly. I inspected the accelator pedal area, with my wife to verify that nothing was blocking the accelator. My wife and I took the vehicle on another test drive and was able to duplicate the event, crusing at 35 mph with no foot on the accelerator, RPM at 1000. The outside temp. Was approx. 102/104F. Weather clear and dry. The vehicle was used over the weekend for a round trip of approx. 700 miles. The vehicle is serviced on a regular basis, mileage upon parking was 18,135. I think this is potentially a serious safe issue.

- Nampa, ID, USA

Jan 112013

Frontier 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Frontier. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle became hesitant to accelerate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 1,800. Updated 04/30/13 the dealer stated it was a characteristic of the vehicle. Updated 05/21/13

- Los Angeles, CA, USA