2012 Nissan Frontier miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Frontier:

2012 Nissan Frontier Owner Comments

Dec 122015

The 2012 Nissan Frontier has a rubber grommet on the clutch pedal which triggers saftey switch. The grommet goes bad and the vehicle will not start. Cannot be jumped. Must be towd or fixed on the spot. These grommetts go bad in 15,000 miles and it cost $15 for a new one. You cannot maintain a piece of rubber on te clutch. Rediculous

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Jun 302015

I first noticed the incident today in a downtown area, speed of 35 mph. Upon removing my foot from the accelerator the RPM dropped to 1000, not lower, and the vehicle continued to move at the 35 mph. At every opportunity I was able to duplicate the event. As I entered our street I braked reducing speed. The vehicle RPM remained at 1000 and the speed was lower, but requiring braking to slow completly. I inspected the accelator pedal area, with my wife to verify that nothing was blocking the accelator. My wife and I took the vehicle on another test drive and was able to duplicate the event, crusing at 35 mph with no foot on the accelerator, RPM at 1000. The outside temp. Was approx. 102/104F. Weather clear and dry. The vehicle was used over the weekend for a round trip of approx. 700 miles. The vehicle is serviced on a regular basis, mileage upon parking was 18,135. I think this is potentially a serious safe issue.

- Nampa, ID, USA

May 062015

Somewhere between Sept., 2014, and May 2015. My air conditioner stopped working. Warranty expired in January, 2015. Problem is a faulty A/C clutch. Unfortunately, clutch and compressor are one unit. Nissan of North America said Nissan dealer had to diagnose problem for them to make a decision, since I was out of warranty. I did so, and Nissan North America said they could not help, since vehicle was out of warranty. Nissan is not the Nissan of years ago. Poor quality, poor customer service. Do not get stuck like me. Do your homework before buying.

- Oak Ridge, NJ, USA