2.6

2011 Nissan Juke drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Juke:

2011 Nissan Juke Owner Comments

Sep 012016

Juke

Recall 11V583000 does not include my VIN. All 2011 Nissan Juke should be included in the recall. My turbo currently needs replaced due to a worn bearing. Several people online have to replace their turbos in their 2011 Jukes at a cost of $2800.

- Lexington, VA, USA

Jul 232016

Juke

Experienced sudden loss of propulsion and control of acceleration while traveling on 70 mph on freeway. Diagnostic suggestion is an issue identical to the recall affecting Nissan Jukes of this year in recall campaign #11V583000, in which a faulty valve casing weld breaks loose inside of the engine. However my vehicle was not manufactured in the time period specified in that recall, as it was manufactured 8 weeks after the final recall window date of 5/12/11. Car makes intermittent popping noise when driving, experiences high RPM without acceleration. Current mileage on vehicle - 61,255 miles.

- Benton, IL, USA

Mar 152014

Juke

The contact owns 2011 Nissan Juke. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the vehicle lost acceleration power as the engine warning indicator illuminated. The contact was able to continue driving but the vehicle would not accelerate over 5 mph. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who diagnosed that the throttle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 63,000.

- Houston , TX, USA

Feb 272014

Juke

My Juke caught on fire this morning! it only has 32,400 miles on it and I am left with no car and little interest from Nissan. I did smell gas but did not think much of it. My son is on dialysis 3 days a week and at first the corporation told me I would be reimbursed for a rental car for three days but before the call concluded they changed their mind telling me it was pending decision. There is a recall on the 2011-2012 Juke fuel injected engine due to fuel may leak from the pressure sensor, increasing the risk of a fire, that I was not notified of. Nissan is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Juke, infiniti qx and infiniti M vehicles. The fuel pressure sensors may not have been tightened to the correct specification. As a result, the fuel pressure sensor may loosen due to heat and vibration causing fuel to leak. They tried to tell me that my car was one that had already been fixed....so, then why am I left walking in the subzero temperatures?

- Old Town, ME, USA

Jan 132014

Juke 4-cyl

I took my car in to a local Nissan dealership for a recall on a fuel sensor and gasket(s) and I had a rattling noise I asked them to look into while they had the car. They informed me that the timing chain was loose and needed to be replaced at $2100. The car has lost half of its value in less then 2 years of owning it and I didn't even buy it brand new (had less the 7,000 miles on it). I have gone back and forth with a manager at nissanusa who is offering to help out with paying $400 of the bill. I have seen where this is a common problem with the 2011 Juke and really needs to be a recall. Nissan has paid for new engines when the chain broke, leaving people stranded. They pay for a new engine (not the labor) with a 1 year /12,000 mile warranty, but will not put out a recall on the timing chain! I called and got an estimate for the repair from a different Nissan dealership who quoted me quite a bit less then the $2100 and I asked if Nissan was willing to give the $400 towards the repair at that location and they refused. I now have oil spewing all over from a cracked timing chain cover. The car is not drivable and I do not have $2100 plus the cost of a new cover now, especially when I'm upside down by $5,000. This truly is the worst car ever.

- Harrison, TN, USA

Jan 202013

Juke 4-cyl

On January 18th, dealer completed recall notice repair of fuel pressure sensor. When vehicle was picked up from dealer that weekend, only went 2 1/2 miles and vehicle experienced electrical failures. Engine getting fuel, however no power to transmission, steering, brakes. Dealer states its the battery and replaced battery. Approximately 25 miles later we have experienced the same electrical failures. Starting with power, then radio, lights, fans and shifting, and eventually total engine failure. Vehicle has now been towed to dealer again.

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA