4.0

2011 Nissan Juke fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Juke:

2011 Nissan Juke Owner Comments

Dec 102015

Juke 4-cyl

2011 Nissan Juke. Consumer writes in regards to faulty fuel pressure sensor recall repairs. Consumer has another vehicle correspondence in artemis. The consumer stated she experienced the very same problem described in the recall.. the consumer stated prior to the repair, there was a strong odor of fuel in the cabin of the car. The dealer informed the consumer, the recall was performed in 2012. The consumer was not the owner during that time. The consumer stated it was obvious, the recall repair failed.

- Greeley, PA, USA

Dec 012014

Juke 4-cyl

Starting approximately 12/1/2014, we began to notice a strong smell of gasoline in the passenger compartment within minutes of starting the vehicle. The smell would diminish as the car warmed up, but would not go away completely. We contacted the local dealer service dept., and were told there was a recall on this issue. Upon taking the car in to be serviced, they confirmed the fuel leak was from the fuel rail pressure sensor, which is the precise problem which prompted the recall campaign. On further investigation, they determined the recall service (technical bulletin reference ntb12-021B) had already been performed on this VIN, and Nissan would not cover the repair at this point. Nissan's recall campaign id# is R1201, NHTSA#12V-069. It appears, at least in this case, the recall service was ineffective in correcting or preventing the fuel leak issue, making it possible that all affected vehicles may still be prone to this fuel leak problem. Nissan customer relations further stated they did not consider an engine compartment fuel leak to be a safety issue. I strongly believe an "increased risk of a fire" is a safety issue and Nissan should still be liable to correct an inherent safety vulnerability in their vehicles.

- Fort Collins, CO, USA

Jan 132014

Juke 4-cyl

I took my car in to a local Nissan dealership for a recall on a fuel sensor and gasket(s) and I had a rattling noise I asked them to look into while they had the car. They informed me that the timing chain was loose and needed to be replaced at $2100. The car has lost half of its value in less then 2 years of owning it and I didn't even buy it brand new (had less the 7,000 miles on it). I have gone back and forth with a manager at nissanusa who is offering to help out with paying $400 of the bill. I have seen where this is a common problem with the 2011 Juke and really needs to be a recall. Nissan has paid for new engines when the chain broke, leaving people stranded. They pay for a new engine (not the labor) with a 1 year /12,000 mile warranty, but will not put out a recall on the timing chain! I called and got an estimate for the repair from a different Nissan dealership who quoted me quite a bit less then the $2100 and I asked if Nissan was willing to give the $400 towards the repair at that location and they refused. I now have oil spewing all over from a cracked timing chain cover. The car is not drivable and I do not have $2100 plus the cost of a new cover now, especially when I'm upside down by $5,000. This truly is the worst car ever.

- Harrison, TN, USA

Dec 082013

Juke 4-cyl

Smelling fuel in the cab while driving, noticed fuel leaking. Nissan service examined it and said it was the fuel pressure sensor. The same thing that was recalled before. Very serious issue in my opinion. Nissan service said it was no longer in warranty and no longer a recall.

- Miami, TX, USA

Feb 012012

Juke 4-cyl

On 2/1/12 my daughter noticed a strong odor of fuel coming from the interior of the vehicle. I had the vehicle towed to the dealership for safety reasons. The service manager found a severe leak "that was pouring fuel into the engine compartment" whenever the vehicle was running. The leak was at the fuel pressure regulator. I did some research on the internet and realized that this is a very common problem and has happened to many Juke owners. My 18 year old daughter could have died in a vehicle fire! I hope it doesn't require several people to die before a recall is issued. This is a very dangerous situation and Nissan should be aware of it due to all of the service claims.

- Natchez, MS, USA

Jan 312012

Juke

I scheduled a service appointment with the dealership for a recall: NHTSA campaign id no. 11V583000. When I arrived for my appointment, I was told by the service manager that Nissan had "put a restriction" on the part and they could not get it. They said they would contact me when they were able to get the part. I asked what a "restriction" on a part means and they said Nissan would not send them the part either because there was a shortage of parts or because they were trying to "distribute them evenly." I asked what happens if I experience an engine failure and she had no response.

- Charleston, WV, USA