2011 Nissan Leaf brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Leaf:

2011 Nissan Leaf Owner Comments

Aug 312011

I have definitely noticed the braking assist displaying a mind of its own, though never on the freeway as yet. Sometimes I just tap the pedal and the brakes apply much more than I was pushing. Other times the brakes apply normally, but do not release immediately after releasing the pedal. Nissan...something is up here.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 222011

I was accelerating after getting on the freeway heading North and slightly uphill I might have been peaking at 55mph when the truck in front of me suddenly slammed his brakes on. I did the same and I hear my tires screeching, I presumed that they were locking. However I did maintain my direction and didn't seem to loose control. When I realized I would not rear-end the truck I left my foot off the brake. I was alarmed when my tires were still locked and remained locked for what I thought was a very long half second. By that time I think I was under 20 mph on a freeway and I was darn lucky nobody was rear-ending me! I think this is a defect in the braking response.

- Sherwood, OR, USA