4.5

2013 Nissan Leaf miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Leaf:

2013 Nissan Leaf Owner Comments

Aug 182016

Leaf

I had an adult passenger sitting on the front passenger seat with her 8lb dog. She weighs 83 lbs. The airbag light showed that the airbag was shut off. Another time I place a grocery bag with two bags of frozen potatoes and a quart of ice cream on the seat, the "no airbag light" shut off. When I removed the bag the the airbag off light whent on.

- Pasadena, CA, USA

Aug 012016

Leaf

I'm located in europe, but I've bought a Nissan Leaf 2013 from us. I see two recalls for my vehicle and Nissan is telling me that it only applies if the vehicle is in us. Is this right?

- Kaunas, TX, USA

Nov 282015

Leaf

Started car by pressing brake and ignition. Put the car in reverse. Car started moving at 2-5 mph with the brake still pressed. Brake lost resistance and had to press hard to floor to stop car. No brake pressure. Took atleast 10-15 feet for the car to complete stop. Same thing happened when moved to drive forward. Fortunate that no one was close to car when this happened. Tik-tok-tik-tok sounds from car, pedal pulses rapidly and ABS and brake lights came on. Dealer replaced the 12V battery 2 weeks before this happened. Dropped the car at the dealership again. I see exact same complaints on this website from at least 10 other people. Not sure when this will become an issue that will be addressed by the manufacturer. Not sure if I can update this complaint later once I hear back from the dealer. If I can I will update it.

- Corona, CA, USA

Aug 202013

Leaf

My Nissan Leaf was plugged into 220V charging station at my home. It was charging for over an hour. My spouse went to leave and when entering the garage she smelled a strong burning smell. Smoke was coming from the charging station plug where it plugs into the car. She turned off the power at the breaker box and then proceeded to unplug the charger from the car. Two of the terminals on the plug were damaged and 2 terminals on the receptacle on the car were damaged. The connection had gotten hot enough to melt the plastic and create smoke indicating a fire. Nissan has determined by pictures that the car was not to blame for the incident. They are blaming the charging station for the failure. They have denied any warranty coverage. The burden of the bill has been placed with the customer. The car is currently only 5 months old and has less than 10,000 miles.

- Yates City, IL, USA