2015 Nissan Leaf electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Leaf:

2015 Nissan Leaf Owner Comments

Jan 312016

I've only had the car for 2 months, and the brakes have failed repeatedly, once about every 5 days on average. Every time they have failed, it was when I start up the car, and put it in either forward or reverse. I usually pull forward into a parking spot, so I go in reverse much more frequently after starting up, but it has happened when going forward too. This is the failure mode. I start the car, while holding down the brake pedal, and then I put it in reverse. At that point the car starts rolling backwards, even though I'm still holding down the brake pedal. The brake pedal gets soft and when I floor the brake pedal, the car finally slows down and stops. Another way to stop it is to put it back in park, but that causes it to jerk to a halt. Needless to say, this is a scary scenario, and this frequently happens at my kids' school, where there are many kids and parents walking through the parking lot. In addition, the car also has some other problems. It sometimes starts a long uninterrupted beep when I turn off the car to get out. The beep goes on for minutes, and sometimes I see a warning light on the dashboard. Finally, the card completely stopped working today. An error message of "T/M system malfunction" appeared on the dashboard, and I was not even able to put the car into neutral for the tow truck. The driver window did not work anymore. After attaching a battery charger to the 12V battery, I was able to put it into neutral, but not able to put it in reverse or drive, or even back in park. The car had more than half of its battery cells full, so the problem was not because it ran out of charge.

- Redwood City, CA, USA

Apr 272015

The contact owns a 2015 Nissan Leaf. While driving 20 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled and failed to restart without warning. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 5,050. The VIN was not available.

- Novato , CA, USA