3.7

2003 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Murano:

2003 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Jun 212006

Murano 6-cyl

I was traveling out of town alone with my 3 children and after we had been on the road for about 3 1/2 hours, the front windshield wipers came on by themselves along with the back windshield wipers, the lights were going on and off by themselves, the left blinker came on by itself, and the dash information (dte, fuel economy) was just coming on and off by itself. There was water coming out of the fuse box on the drivers side, and you could hear a sizzling sound. I took it to the nearest Nissan dealer, they said they fix it and I got back on the road and it happened again 2 hours later same stuff. I just turned off the ac and kept driving with everything going crazy, because all the service departments were closed and I could not get anyone to help me. When I arrived at my destination I took it to the nearest Nissan dealership the next day and they said that the ac hose was loose and was allowing water to get into everything. I hope it is fixed, but I am now scared to drive it anywhere and I have to travel 6 hours away from home every now and then because I have a child 6 hours away from home in college and you never know when I will have to go up there unexpectedly. I am thing about trading it off because I do not feel safe in it anymore, but the trade in value is a lot less than the pay off.

- Mcewen, TN, USA