2003 Nissan Murano suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Murano:

2003 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Apr 062015

Murano 6-cyl

While driving with the speed of 25 mph the car started loosing control. I was able to stop and observed that the right front wheel started separating from the frame. This was because engine cradle got rusted an cracked. The lower arm separated. The defect is documented by the dealer. This is a serious safety issues as that could happen on the highways at high speed chasing serious accident. I am the fist owner of the car. I bought it brand new and the was garaged.

- Livingston , NJ, USA

Dec 212014

Murano 6-cyl

The rear suspension member link which holds the suspension to the car rotted off and caused the suspension to fail. The remaining metal is severely rooted or perforated. There are several 2003 Muranos on the road. Mine is always garaged and I have kept it well maintained since new. Nissanusa was called and they will do nothing to fix or pay to fix the problem. I surely would think this car could go for several more years before any problems with it. The entire car has no rust anywhere on it, so why did the rear suspension fail? I am wondering if in the early 2000's if this metal that was used was some of the batch that made them recall and replace a large number of pickup trucks too. I am wondering how many other Murano's have this problem or will. This is surely a safety issue for anyone who is driving a vehicle like this.. please help.

- Norton, MA, USA

Aug 292014

The contact owns a 2003 Nissan Murano. The contact indicated that while traveling at a low rate of speed, a loud noise emitted from the front passengers side of the vehicle whenever going over a bump. The contact indicated that there was an unstable vibration when traveling over 60 mph. The vehicle was taken to an independent repair shop. The technician diagnosed that the bolt was broken on the front passengers side A-arm and was fractured from the frame. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 160,000.

- Hillside, NJ, USA

Sep 162014

Murano 6-cyl

I brought my car in to my mechanic for routine service and he told me the car was unsafe to drive due to the fact that the rear sub frame was rotted out on both sides of my car. I was told it was unsafe to drive and therefor I had to have it towed.

- Andover, MA, USA

Dec 012006

Murano 4WD 6-cyl

Consumer stated his 2003 Nissan Murano shifts in the rear end while going over bumps. Updated 02/19/10. Updated 07/26/10.

- Apple Valley, MN, USA

Sep 122007

Murano 6-cyl

On September 12, 2007, I took my car to keras Nissan located at 2080 covington pike in memphis, Tennessee, because the shock absorbers were failing in the front of the truck and again the check engine soon light came on. I decided to take my truck to a different dealership because I no longer trusted the workmanship of dobbs Nissan, where I made the initial purchase. I dealt with travis, a service advisor that advised me they would find the problems. After my vehicle was serviced, I was informed that the motor was non-repairable. Travis stated that it looked as if I never serviced the engine with oil. I explained that I have regularly scheduled maintenance on this vehicle. He stated that I would need to gather all of my oil change receipts to present to Nissan warranty to prove regular maintenance have been performed to replace the engine. Oil changes and dates of receipts provided: Dobbs Nissan: April 29, 2006 September 26, 2006 June 13, 2007 danny"S car care: March 9, 2007 March 28, 2007 August 18, 2007 Goodyear: June 23, 2006 January 3, 2007 Firestone: November 02, 2006 receipts the morning of September 15, 2007. He contacted me around 11:15 am to inform me that the engine replacement was denied, due to, ?lack of maintenance?. I asked travis to explain to me in detail the reason for the denial, and his reply was simply, "lack of maintenance". nothing has been done to correct the failure on a warranted engine.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Jan 152005

Murano 6-cyl

2003 Nissan Murano. The consumer was afraid to drive the vehicle because it made a lot of noise around the wheel on the right hand side. The consumer contacted the dealership, and they suggested that there was nothing wrong with vehicle. The consumer contacted the manufacturer, and received claim number 5077823. They stated that they would call the consumer. Nissan had not returned the phone call. The vehicle had been making noise for about a year and felt unsafe driving the vehicle. Screeching noises were heard when making turns. Updated 11/2/2005.

- Tampa , FL, USA

Jun 192003

Consumer states vehicle vibrates violently at speeds over 40 mph. This happens only when rear windows are in the down position. Vehicle has been taken to dealer 4 times, cannot remedy the problem. Factory representative admitted the violent shaking. Vibration felt can be compared to rumble strips on interstate.

- Scituate, RI, USA

Feb 012003

Murano 6-cyl

Suspension on truck is horrible. Everyday the truck gets worse. The suspension is very hard and stiff, the interior rattles and makes now tons of noises, once the truck has passengers in it the vehicle is all over the road very very bouncy. Vehicle loose control.

- Morris Plains, NJ, USA