6.0

2004 Nissan Murano electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Murano:

2004 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Feb 052016

Murano 4D 3.5L V6

I bought this vehicle less than two weeks ago, used, from the previous owner who had it for nine years. She supposedly kept up with all the maintenance and appears to have taken real good care of it.

Everything was fine until about three days ago when on a couple of occasions I parked and locked the vehicle and came back hours later to discover the front windows were down about 3 inches...weird. So when I got to work this morning I engaged the window lock button. Then this afternoon I came out after work to discover the windows were both all the way down. I drove home and parked in the garage and rolled up the windows and left the key in the console.

An hour later, got ready to leave to go to dinner and the windows were back down, and doors were locked. I reached in and unlocked the door, and when I opened it the alarm went off! Oh, forgot to mention that the key FOB doesn't work, in spite of replacing the battery this week, so the panic button doesn't work. Got in and started the engine and the alarm is still going off!! Put it into gear and back into park and it's still going off. Got out and headed into the house (keys in hand this time) and the alarm randomly stopped...hmm. Okay, so I went back around and opened the door (thinking I could leave now) and the alarm started sounding again...what the heck!

Help!! Has anyone else had this problem and figured out how to solve it?

- , Waxahachie, TX, USA