2. bad throttle (1 reports)
2004 Nissan Murano engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Murano:

2004 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Nov 132013

Murano G V6

I WILL BE DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD, 30-40 MPH WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THERE'S A COMPLETE LOSS OF ACCELERATION!!! NO FORWARD, NO REVERSE, NOTHING, ONLY IDLES UNTIL I PUT IT IN PARK. SHUT IT OFF, THEN RESTART IT, & ITS FINE UNTIL THE NEXT TIME ..... HELP PLEASE

- , Banning, CA, USA

Apr 062014

Murano ES 3.2L

On April 6, 2014, my wife and I was returning from the North Georgia Mountains, in 'her' 2004 Murano. We were traveling approximately 55 MPH on a state hwy, when the car felt as if it had suddenly downshifted. There was absolutely no warning what-so-ever. There was no loss of electrical power, and the engine itself did not shut down. We got off the road, onto the grassy shoulder and came to a stop. I depressed the accelerator, and the engine would not "rev up". The engine was totally unresponsive to depressing the gas pedal. This has been the third occurrence of this identical issue in the past two weeks.

Meanwhile, we've since taken it to a local Nissan Dealership for (Lilburn, Ga) for diagnostics. The Service Tech assigned to us, could not explain the problem. We explained the circumstances in as plain English as we knew how, and they really did not appear too concerned. Imagine traveling 55 + down an interstate in a middle lane, with an '18 Wheeler' on your tail, and that happened. You'd have no escape. You would be dead. Needless to say, Nissan could not replicate the problem, nor did their diagnostic computers come up with anything tangible.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

Jerry

- , Snellville, GA, USA

Mar 302014

Murano LX 3.2L V6

• CVT transmission

Sudden loss of acceleration on busy street with service engine light. Pulled into passing lane and thought car had stalled. When I restarted, gas pedal unresponsive, car would only go less than 10 miles per hour. Had it towed to dealer who diagnosed a bad throttle and repaired for $500. I felt lucky it wasn't the transmission.

- , Huntington Beach, CA, USA