7.5

2004 Nissan Murano transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Murano:

2004 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Murano ES V6

I saw a previous complaint about siting in traffic for 10 minutes and having the car take a minute to finally accelerate but it surges forward so you can hit someone. I too have that problem. I only notice it in warm weather however. It started last summer and is now happening again this summer. If I shut the car off and turn it back on, it seems to work ok again for a little while. Sometimes sitting in rush hour Chicago traffic I need to restart the car multiple times.

Now my service engine light is on and a quick diagnosis shows I have a transmission issue. Well, I am going to trade this car in for something that won't scare me to death to make a left turn in front of an oncoming car for fear my car will stall.

I already had the transmission replaced once around 80,000 miles and there is no way I am doing it again.

Shame on Nissan for not acknowledging issues that should be part of a recall. This is just one of about 3 issues they should fix under the corporate budget.

- , Lisle, IL, USA

Jun 132015

Murano SL V6

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS CAR.

- , gaithersburg, MD, USA

Jun 102015

Murano LS V6

I just got the car and became aware of the problem .Did not try to have it fix as yet.

- , Brooklyn, NY, USA

Dec 282012

Murano SE 3.2L V6

This model Nissan has a serious issue with acceleration. Once you have been driving for awhile or stuck in traffic for 10-15 minutes if you press the gas the car just sits there. It doesn't move for a minute or so then it suddenly takes off so fast that you have to be careful not to hit the car in front of you. This is a serious problem that I know can cause serious accidents, because if someone was to try to jump in front of a car when traffic is coming and this happens the cars will slam into them.

I have taken this car to the mechanic and I was told the transmission needs to be replaced, but according to reviews I have found that it may be a pressure sensor and not the actual cvt. I tried to take this car back to the dealer right after I bought it, but of course they said nothing was wrong with the car.

WARNING DON'T BUY THIS MODEL VEHICLE FROM WHAT I HAVE READ THERE ARE MANY REVIEWS ON THIS SAME ISSUE HAD I COULD'VE TAKEN THE TIME TO READ BEFORE BUYING I WOULD'VE NEVER PURCHASED THIS VEHICLE.

- , North Lauderdale, FL, USA