2005 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Murano:

2005 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 5 of 22)

May 192012

Murano 6-cyl

Driver seat frame, the left side rear bracket broke, causing the seat to drop down 6'' and become unstable. It broke while driving on in a straight path on a smooth road.

- Lubbock, TX, USA

May 092012

Murano 6-cyl

My wife was driving and the drivers seat became unstable. It dropped down and tilted to the rear left. Upon visual inspection, the left rear seat bracket is no longer connected to the floor of the car.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Feb 062012

Murano 6-cyl

Broken electric seat, will not move. Seems to be a widespread problem. Hard to be comfortable. Price of repair is way to expensive. This problem should be a recall.

- Thornton, CO, USA

May 042012

Murano 6-cyl

I was driving in my 2005 Nissan Murano and just exited off the freeway. While turning on the exit ramp I felt the driver seat feel like it shifted up and away from the rear left. About a mile later there was a loud crack and the left rear corner of the driver's seat dropped down. When I got home I looked under the seat to see what had happened. I appears the bracket that connects the left rear corner of the driver's seat to the floor bracket has broken. I spent some time today searching on the internet and found this is a quite common problem. I even found a technical service bulletin from Nissan on how to fix the problem. If it's a known issue that the bracket will eventually fail under fatigue why isn't there a recall or a service announcement?

- Raleigh, NC, USA

May 032012

Murano 6-cyl

While driving, making a right turn, the driver's seat, left rear "dropped" very quickly causing me to veer to the left nearly causing an accident by going partially into another lane of traffic. Brought the vehicle home and upon inspection found the left rear seat bracket broken. Found this to be a common problem upon checking "edmonds.com Nissan Murano" forum. Very shaken up!

- Grants Pass, OR, USA

Apr 182012

Murano 6-cyl

The driver seat is loose on the left side. This allows the seat to move back and forth, up and down, and side to side.

- Signal Mountain, TN, USA

May 102010

Murano 6-cyl

Seat frame assembly on drivers side broke causing the drivers seat to lean to the left. Very unstable and it happen while driving. The dealer welded the part, saying not sure it will hold. The same problem happened again April 20 and once again the dealer welded the part saying the metal is very thin. A new part installed is approx. $700. The part is a improved part that is stronger now.

- Audubon, PA, USA

Mar 242012

- Hampton, VA, USA

Mar 302012

Murano 6-cyl

2005 Murano sl driver's seat left side suddenly dropped in the lower back. Investigation determined that the seat bracket broke. Dealer says there is a bulletin on repair but not a recall since not a safety issue. Driver is jumbled if a bump is hit & seat leans to toward whichever side weight is applied.

- Severn, MD, USA

Mar 222012

Murano 6-cyl

While driving my 2005 Nissan Murano, I heard a loud pop sound under my seat, and suddenly the back left side of my seat collapsed and I was tossed towards the drivers side door. I was fortunate enough to be the only car driving on the street at the time because it caused me to temporarily loose control of my vehicle. I can't imagine this happening to a driver on a major highway.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Mar 152012

Murano 6-cyl

Driver seat frame, the left side rear bracket broke, causing the seat to drop down and become unstable.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Mar 022012

Murano 6-cyl

The driver seat frame, the left side bracket broke loose, causing the seat to drop down and become unstable.

- Crownsville, MD, USA

Feb 182012

Murano 6-cyl

Driver seat broke from behind. If I seat down the seat wobbles up and down. Structural failure of the anchor/bracket on the left rear side of the driver's seat. Same as all the ones in the internet but still not enough for a recall. Nissan is waiting until a couple of people die to take action. I repaired mine but its the same kind so I think this will happen again. I will be taking the old frame to get worked on by a welder to invent something better because their is enough room for a stronger bracket but Nissan is only cutting cost with the original design. If you look at the other end of the bracket that always brakes it is stronger. I don't have anything against Nissan I have owned 4 Nissan and will still keep buying them but something like this.....come on guys don't cut corners.

- Carol Stream, IL, USA

Feb 012012

Murano

While traveling around an off-ramp, the driver seat made a loud pop sound. According to the dealership the bracket holding the seat to the car has broken loose. Luckily I was not traveling fast and I was able to keep control of the car. I am concerned that others might not be so lucky. This is a common failure of the vehicle according to the reports I have read online.

- Glen Allen, VA, USA

Nov 012011

Murano 6-cyl

My drivers front seat is wobbly and loose. My mechanic says the base is cracked and needs to be fixed. He was told by Nissan that other Muranos have the same problem but not under warranty and they will not pay for it to be fixed. This is a structural problem and very dangerous in the event of a crash.

- Massapequa Park, NY, USA

Dec 132011

Murano

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. The contact was driving approximately 50 mph when the driver side seat began leaning to the left abnormally. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure was located at the seat adjuster assembly. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated to the contact that the failure was not a safety issue and denied any further assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 98,000 and the current mileage was 99,024.

- Cranston , RI, USA

Dec 232011

Murano 6-cyl

When sitting in the driver's seat, I heard a breaking noise and the seat gave way on the left side. Upon further inspection, the frame on the bottom left of the driver's seat has broken causing the driver to sit in a dangerous and potentially harmful position when operating the vehicle. Contacted a Nissan dealer and was told only fix was to purchase a new seat which would cost $1,700 - $2,000.

- Pittsfield, MA, USA

Nov 012011

Murano 6-cyl

Drivers bottom seat assembly is broken.

- Aurora, IL, USA

Nov 182011

Murano 6-cyl

Driver's seat adjuster assembly failed. The seat shifts when hittin G a bump. It also moves when entering the vehicle. This is a safety issue. The dealer told me my extended warranty does not cover it. This part should be on a recall, and car owner should not have to be responsible for it.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Oct 032011

Murano

The contact owns a 2005 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the weld on the driver side seat was broken. The contact could sit in the seat but the seat would rock back and fourth. The contact was concerned that if involved in a crash, the seat could possibly be used as a projectile. The contact called the manufacturer regarding the front driver seat and they stated that there was nothing they could do to assist. The failure mileage was 72,000.

- Escalante, UT, USA