7.0

2. tighten clamps between air filter and throttle body (1 reports)
2005 Nissan Murano engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Murano:

2005 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Dec 182007

Murano S

I have tried everything to stop the rattling,( high quality gas and oil), when I accelerate. Nothing helps. It's a piece of junk. with only 40,000 miles I am so disappointed. My mechanic said they all belong in the junk yard! He knows cars, he's been in the business for over 30 years. He gets them in his shop a few times a month. The car is only three years old, and at $30,000 that's a big rip off. Don't buy this car! Can't fix the problem.

- , St Albans, VT, USA

Jul 142010

Murano SE V6

• CVT transmission

while accelerating begins to either a: lose power or b: sputter and act like the gas pedal is being pumped. Saw a similar post on here and the solution was to tighten the clamps on the large pipes between the air filter box and the throttle body. Found one section to be very loose and tightened it down. Took it for a test drive and the problem was solved except, during the test drive the pipe must have worked loose as the problem started again. Sure enough, checked the pipes and they had worked loose again. Any suggestions on how to keep these things from working loose?

- , Atlanta, GA, USA