9.3

1. replace power steering hose (3 reports)
2005 Nissan Murano steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Murano:

2005 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Oct 252010

Murano S V6

• CVT transmission

My 2005 Murano started leaking steering fluid out of nowhere. I would not have known if it hadn't been for the dealer telling me previously I needed to replace the front bushings and control arms. I cannot understand how these things can just wear away on a 2005 vehicle that goes nowhere other than work and around town.

- , Aliso Viejo, CA, USA

Jan 112010

Murano AWD 3.5L V6

• CVT transmission

Bought the vehicle used. Read reviews prior to purchase which looked decent. My first... and may be my last Nissan purchase. Have had several issues with this vehicle in the first couple of month of ownership. Power Steering just started leaking one day...started slow than progressively got worse. Finally took it in to shop and walked out $450 poorer.

Also read my reports on cold start engine hesitation. Fuel gauge sporadically stops working.

Bum deal...

- , Tucson, AZ, USA

Sep 022009

Murano AWD V6

There is a NATIONAL backorder of over 300 for this 'combination hose-metal tube power steering hose on the pressure side' part # 49720CB60A. I have been waiting since 9/2/09. I noticed that all of my power steering fluid was drained when I checked under my hood on vacation. If I didn't happen to see it, I could have had a MAJOR accident. This is the POWER STEERING we are talking about!

This is obviously a widespread issue, and if Nissan doesn't want MAJOR lawsuits for wrongful DEATH, they had better get on the stick and do a RECALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Scottsdale, AZ, USA