1.9

2006 Nissan Murano body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Murano:

2006 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Oct 262010

Murano 6-cyl

The drivers seat of my 2006 Nissan Murano cracked at the weld in the frame causing the seat to drop at a steep angle in the back. Fortunately the incident occurred when I was getting in the vehicle rather than when I was driving as it surely would have caused a extremely dangerous and undriveable situation. The dealership service manager concurred that it was a manufacturing defect in my vehicle, however Nissan would not cover the cost of the repair, nor the cost of replacement transportation while the appropriate parts were ordered and installed which spanned several days. I am extremely displeased with the experience of dealing with Nissan Consumer Affairs department.

- Perkasie, PA, USA

Nov 232009

Murano

Driving along and back left of drivers seat suddenly dropped down about 3-inches causing me to pull the steering wheel to the left into on coming traffic. I suspect a bolt has come loose or more likely from the numerous posts I have found online a weld has broken. This is regarding a 06 Nissan Murano.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 152009

Murano

I own a 2006 Nissan Murano with approximately 105,000 miles. I weigh 160 pounds and do 95% of my driving on a highway. While driving on a highway, the frame supporting the driver seat cracked causing the seat to become unstable and creating a hazardous situation. As a result, I have to keep the seat in the lowest possible position, otherwise it becomes highly unstable. The dealer estimated the repairs at $1,035. The result of my research of this defect disclosed that it is a fairly common occurrence for 2006 Nissan Muranos. However, when I contacted Nissan and explained the situation, they responded that there is no recall for this defect and they will not be able to reimburse me for any portion of the repair.

- Mahopac, NY, USA