3.2

2006 Nissan Murano body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Murano:

2006 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Dec 122006

Murano

I have a 2006 Nissan Murano. Approx. 6 months ago the driver's seat would start squeaking whenever I made any turns or drove over bumps. It sounds like plastic grinding. On 12/12/08, I sat in the seat and the frame broke. The driver's seat now rocks from side to side whenever you turn. This is a safety issue as your feet will come off the gas or break whenever you turn. I went on the web, and there are several public forums from Murano owners complaining about the same issue. Nissan is aware of the problem, but will not take any any action. The local Nissan dealer will only replace the whole seat for $1,200 and not try to fix the root of the problem. If they want you to buy a whole new seat, what is to prevent this from occurring again? unacceptable. Nissan needs to recall this seat, because it is a safety issue.

- Chino, CA, USA