2006 Nissan Murano engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Murano:

2006 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Jun 202016

Took vehicle in for repairs for oil leaks, lights, trunk release, vehicle running like a truck, A/C, radio, transmission and camera display in car. Was told trunk release, motor, and transmission problems, and lighting couldn't be duplicated. The same day I picked up my vehicle turn vehicle off close the drivers door and head and rear lights shut off, close my trunk and again head and rear lights went off. Took vehicle to another dealer and showed the service advisor my concerns informed me a dianogstic test would cost $270 if couldn't find anything wrong, and I couldn't be take home because it was over 10 miles, and advisor suggested taking car closer to where I lived. Showed him and told him my concerns: Foot pedal switch works sometimes, seat operates sometime, the smell from exhaust has a very bad smell, A/C works sometime while driving and doesn't blow cold at all while idol, and sun visor keep falling down lower causing you to not see..

- Houston, TN, USA

May 282015

Upon starting cold engine a loud tapping or rattling sound heard coming from front of car. Sound increases when accelerating until reaching 40 to 45 mph - then it almost disappears. Once engine is warm sound is barely noticeable. It also takes a lot of strength to turn the steering wheel left, ex: When backing out of the driveway into the street, or when turning left into a driveway or a parking space. It feels like there is no power steering. Slight left turns are normal as are all right turns. Vehicle is going into dealer Tuesday which is their first opening. I will update this once it is determined what is causing the problem /problems.

- Chalk Hill, PA, USA

Jan 152013

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 35 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The failure occurred on several occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Castro Valley, CA, USA

May 012014

Exhaust manifold is cracked. Exhaust gases leak in through vent when ac is on and air is coming from outside. Extreme health hazard! up to two engine mounts are broken. Oil leaks from boot. Drivers seat bracket is broken. Electrical on the drivers seat fried.

- Oakley, CA, USA

Aug 122014

Murano 6-cyl

I had my transmission replaced under the extended warranty after it failed. In the following week, the car began to spew smoke from the transmission area. Took it back to South side Nissan in vancouver, bc who replaced the transfer case seals (where the axle meets the transmission case). Another week passes and the same problem repeats, car smoking heavily from transmission area. Took it back to Nissan who is now stating that the seals inside the transfer case have failed and the work is not warrantied. I strongly feel that this is Nissan's way to side step having to do the repair a 3rd time and am in disbelief that the issue is not due to their work.

- Burnaby, Bc - Canada, WA, USA

Feb 202014

Murano 6-cyl

The vehicle began to sputter and then had loss of power. Transfer case assembly and cvt are damaged.

- Defuniak Springs, FL, USA

Mar 012013

My 2006 Nissan Murano was purchased used March 2013. Since then, I have put over $4,000 worth of repairs into it and I am still having problems. The latest issue is the car having no power when pushing on the accelerator and it will surge when you finally get it to go. I've replaced fuel filter, catalytic converters, transfer case just to name a few of the repairs. I am in the repair shop at least 2X/month! now I read where there are many others having the same problem and Nissan ignoring the complaints! I now have a car I am making a huge car payment on that I cannot drive! plus I do not have the money to replace the transmission! I work in hospice and I drive to see patients every day and now I have no vehicle!!!! so it is now affecting not only my personal life but my work environment!!!!

- Twin Falls, ID, USA

May 092014

Murano 6-cyl

During my drive while exiting off the highway. The vehicle jumped/sped up on its own as if I accelerated. Felt like a transmission slip. While approaching my exit, car just died out. I was able to steer off and put on my emergency hazard flashers. I tried to start the car, and it just cranked. I waited approx. Ten minutes and I was able to continue slowly until the car died out again. Experienced some hesitation along the drive home and with no warning, just a check engine light illuminating, the car died again.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Dec 032012

Murano 6-cyl

Fuel gauge started to failed and check engine light turned on. I took the vehicle to the dealer and quoted for replace the two failing fuel sending units $100 to inspect + $700/$800 part & labor. Of course is not covered by Nissan. How many other brands beside Nissan have you seen with this problem? I am simply appalled by the lack of concern from Nissan. After reading complaints about air bag warning lights, drivers seat collapsing, visors falling blocking the view of the driver, check engine light coming on due to fuel gauge failure, wiper motor/transmission going out. My Nissan Murano has all these problems and more. I cannot believe Nissan does not identify this as a safety issues and allows the consumer to pay for these faulty components. The fact that Nissan does not stand up behind their products is an insult to everyone who bought this product. Nissan offers no assistance despite the clear premature failure of the components. We love teh car but it should hole together better than this. Theres are not items caused by high millage jut plain poor designs. Seats breaking - no way, visors falling down - no way, fuel gauge failure - no way, air bag warning light - no way, wiper motor/transmission - no way - please help us!!!!

- Louisville, KY, USA

Oct 052010

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the front passenger side seat detached from the rail. Also, the contact mentioned that the control arms and motor mounts were replaced several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that the seat assembly needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 40,000 and the current mileage was 72,000.

- San Diego , CA, USA

May 132012

Murano 6-cyl

Vehicle has problems with accelation between 40mph and over. Was told it that the cvt tranmission was bad and had transmission replace and now just after picking up vehicle and driving home, vehicle is still having the same problem.

- Crofton, NE, USA