1.7

2006 Nissan Murano miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Murano:

2006 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Aug 162016

Murano

The gas gage will show full when I fill the tank yet 50 miles of driving and it starts to show empty and then go up to 3/4 tank and then empty again the low fuel light and servce engine light comes on and I am never sure how much fuel or mileage I am getting from a tank of gas. I changed the fuel pump about a year ago thinking this would solve the problem I get code PO463 when checked with scanner. The car has 132, 000 miles on it and this problem is ongoing. My son ran out of gas in the middle of an intersection when it quit. No way to be sure of how much fuel and on a trip to nc from fla I am afraid of this car running out on the highway with me an old disabled woman alone. I have read many peoples accounts online that this is an ongoing issue and it is surely a safety hazard.. it will say the tank is empty and when I put gas in it only takes 5 gal or it will read full and run out of gas.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Jun 012015

Murano

Drivers window stopped working, will not go up and down. I had a repair shop look at it they stated the switch was fried as well as the motor. It was smoking and could have caused a fire. Have you ever had a complaint like mine? #2 the display screen is stuck on tire rotation, and my navigation system is not working.fuel gauge is erratic. Can't have it repaired due to costs.

- Angelica, NY, USA

May 112015

Murano

Upon starting cold engine a loud tapping or rattling sound heard coming from front of car. Sound increases when accelerating until reaching 40 to 45 mph - then it almost disappears. Once engine is warm sound is barely noticeable. It also takes a lot of strength to turn the steering wheel left, ex: When backing out of the driveway into the street, or when turning left into a driveway or a parking space. It feels like there is no power steering. Slight left turns are normal as are all right turns. Vehicle is going into dealer Tuesday which is their first opening. I will update this once it is determined what is causing the problem /problems.

- Leesburg, VA, USA

May 092014

Murano 6-cyl

During my drive while exiting off the highway. The vehicle jumped/sped up on its own as if I accelerated. Felt like a transmission slip. While approaching my exit, car just died out. I was able to steer off and put on my emergency hazard flashers. I tried to start the car, and it just cranked. I waited approx. Ten minutes and I was able to continue slowly until the car died out again. Experienced some hesitation along the drive home and with no warning, just a check engine light illuminating, the car died again.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Nov 092011

Murano 6-cyl

Power steering hose is leaking, power steering fluid is flammable. Upon doing research numerous Nissan Murano owners have encountered the same defect. Repair cost is between $400-500. If the manifold were to get hot enough and power steering fluid came into contact it is a fire hazard.

- Merced, CA, USA

Aug 312011

Murano 6-cyl

A few days before Aug 31st the Murano started slipping gears. It was taken to a dealership on Aug 31st where the error code, stepper code, came up which is part of the cvt, the transmission. They replaced the transmission, under extended warranty and this did not fix the problem. They replaced the valve body again, the control module, and the wire harness, none of which has fixed the problem. We are 10 weeks in the shop and they cannot find the problem. A Nissan engineer is now coming out to look at it wanting to replace the valve body for the third time. They have replaced this now going on three times with new parts and it is not fixing the problem. This car is not a safe car to drive anymore. The dealership told me last week that we would have resolution, whether this was a buyback or whatever by last Friday. Last Friday they called and now they are now flying in an engineer, this is not a resolution. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle especially with two small children. The vehicle has been in the shop for going on 10 weeks now and I feel the dealership and Nissan are doing everything they can not to resolve the problem. This needs to be taken care of.

- Shenandoah, IA, USA