2007 Nissan Murano accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Murano:

2007 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Dec 292015

When starting the car from a parked positioned after running a few errands during a slight ice/snow fall mid-morning and wipers did not move when activated. I turned the wipers on high and listened for the motor which was running but it seemed wiper were detached. I spent 2 days driving to and from work at night with rain and snow fall each way. I was dangerous but I could not call in. My family and I have been looking up this issue and apparently it is very common for many different types of Nissan to have this linkage brake.

- Evanston, IL, USA

Oct 242015

The driver's side sun visor will not stay up and falls down into the field of vision of the driver. This is a known defect and Nissan will not do anything about it. The equipment is defective and should be replaced under recall.

- Newnan, GA, USA

Sep 132010

Murano 6-cyl

Driver's side visor broke causing major visibility issue. Would hang down and block driver's view. Broke just after warranty ended. There was no way to keep it up without $250 replacement visor. Service advisor said he had numerous issues with multiple consumers. Stated he felt it should be a recall.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Jul 022012

Driver's side sun visor will no longer stay in place and is a safety issue. It will flop down at any time while driving. It has progressively gotten worse and now I will have to remove it completely. It appears that this is a common problem that is not being addressed.

- Tempe, AZ, USA

Oct 042012

2007 Nissan Murano S sun visor both driver as well as passenger mal-function. I choose visibility/wiper because the sun visor obstructs vision (*visibility*) when it drops down in view while driving at no given warning. Its dangerous and would have caused an accident if there was a vehicle coming from opposite direction at the time of occurrence. The cost of these sun visors are expensive and Nissan should recall these or at least fix them at no cost.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Jul 102012

Murano 6-cyl

First problem was the driver side visor which kept flopping down causing a hazard blocking the driver's vision. Second problem happen later, the driver seat broke while driving, left rear bracket broke. Call and wrote to Nissan customer service and was told both problems were out of warranty and they would not honor my claim. This is the third Nissan that I have owned, and will never buy another Nissan product. For a vehicle that has less than 100K miles to have these problems and for Nissan not to cover the problem shows a true lack of customer service.

- San Geronimo, CA, USA

Apr 152014

Murano 6-cyl

My drivers side visor has started flopping down into my line of vision. Whether it's forward toward the windshield or up against the roof's interior. It's gotten progressively worse and is a serious concern, especially when my 6'0 husband is driving.

- Waukesha, WI, USA

May 122014

The driver side visor has become loose and will fall while you are driving. It happens intermittently. This is unsafe for drivers traveling on the highway. Our other option is to remove it, then you risk the sun in your eyes driving East/West. Dealership wants to charge over $400 to replace this item. It should be viewed as a safety concern.

- Rockford, IL, USA

Mar 052012

Driver side visor will not stay up, blinding the driver or significantly reducing visibility.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Aug 312012

The sunvisor on the drivers side falls down without warning. This temporarily blocks the forward view. Very dangerous and scary. Visor will not stay out of way. Many complaints on internet, Nissan will not repair, and wants expensive part to be purchased with no warranty that problem will not happen again. Defective part. Please help!

- Valley Center, CA, USA

Jul 092012

The sun visor on the driver's side flaps down unexpectedly and will not stay up, causing an impairment in visibility and distraction in driving. I contacted Nissan who was of no assistance. I am the only owner of the vehicle and purchased it new. There is only 70,000 miles on it. In speaking to other Nissan owners, they confirmed this problem in Nissan vehicles. Please research this issue.

- Springfield , MA, USA

Jan 012013

Murano 6-cyl

The drivers side sun visor started falling down, impairing sight of the road. After about 1 month of falling, it would no longer stay up at all. I've had to pull out the side visor from the passenger side visor to 'prop" the drivers side up. Now the passenger side visor is starting to fall. I've read numerous complaints of this same issue, but there has not been a recall. I have no choice but to completely remove the visor if I am to see the road.

- Stanardsville, VA, USA

Jun 012010

The driver's side visor fails to stay in the up position. It unexpectedly falls to the down position while the car is in motion. The failure of the visor creates a hazard by limiting the driver's ability to see where they're going.

- St Joseph, MO, USA

Feb 112013

The drivers side visor slowly started dropping on its own. My visor will stay up sometimes but given a little time it will never stay up. I read of this in other model years but never experienced it in mine until the last 4 months. And now it has gone from an annoyance to a liability. If I crash because of this I'm suing the he'll out of Nissan as it's a known issue and they won't fix it. Never encountered a similar issue in the 7 other vehicles I've owned.

- Oshkosh, WI, USA

Apr 012013

Driver's sun visor drops unexpectedly--severely interferes with ability to see out front window.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

May 102013

While driving along the drivers side visor dropped down blocking my view. Just as this happened the car in front of me hit the brakes to stop and I couldn't see the brake lights! I came within inches of running into the back of their car! I can't afford what the dealer charges for a replacement visor and it's difficult to always remember to keep one hand on the visor as I drive! I'm worried that this will cause an accident, not only for me but for other Nissan owners too.

- Jennings, FL, USA

Feb 172013

Faulty sun visor drops easily when going over minor bump. It can easily cause an accident or crash when distracted to raise the sun visor to the normal position. This is a problem in Nissan Murano's everywhere. I am not sure how this has not been a recall yet.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Jan 242013

Murano 6-cyl

When the temperature is less than 30 degrees, it appears that the pipes/hoses by which the windshield washer fluid circulates to the front windshield freeze. The windshield washer fluid is fine, but the driver can't wash the windshield because the window washer fluid doesn't come out. This presents a very dangerous condition when it snows and the streets have been treated. The slush/dirty snow floating from other cars sticks to the windshield, and the windshield glass gets very dirty to the point that the driver can't see where he/she is driving. I have called Nissan and they recommended taking the car to a garage and keeping it running for two hours until the pipes thaw out. I don't have a garage, I am at work, and I need to drive back home in a slushy snowy day, but I can't wash the windshield with the window wipers because the fluid is not coming out to be able to wash it. Frankly, I am afraid to drive back home. The pipes need two hours to thaw out. It is unbelievable! my ride to work is 30 minutes.

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Jul 182012

While driving on a major interstate, with my visor pushed forward toward the windshield to block the sun, the driver's side visor falls into my line of vision. This causes me to swerve while entering a curve and just miss another vehicle. I quickly push up the visor and to my dismay, it will not stay upright; neither upright towards the windshield nor upright towards the ceiling. The dealership states this is not a recall and is not covered under the warranty. I have looked at multiple threads and spoken with multiple friends who have all had this same issue with the 1st generation Nissan Muranos (2003-2008). This is a safety issue and both driver's side and passenger's side visors should be recalled and replaced before someone gets hurt!

- Slaughter, LA, USA

Jul 182011

The sun visor drops down and blocks view while driving. The visor will not stay up and so we have to hold it while driving.

- Bellflower, CA, USA