2007 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Murano:

2007 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 2 of 9)

Oct 012013

Murano 6-cyl

My driver seat has broken to the point where it rocks back and tilts forward. It looks like the rear/left side bracket that holds the seat to the floor has broke. The seat will randomly shift around while driving. I feel the seat would not hold me properly in a accident.

- Troy, MI, USA

Apr 182014

Murano

Brought my Nissan Murano for water leak in the body seal, the car was delivered to me with a broken front drivers seat. The dealership denies breaking it and I didn't give it to them that way. I am being told it is a common problem with the year model and that Nissan is aware and will not recall. I am considering legal advice.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Mar 292014

Murano

Was driving on highway when the drivers seat fell back toward door. Seat was not stable and rocked while driving. Brought car in and was told the left front seat track was broken and needed to be replaced.

- Roselle, IL, USA

Apr 012014

Murano 6-cyl

Bracket holding seat broke. I did not lose control of the car, but it did startle me. Upon doing some research, there is an issue with 2003-2008 Muranos and the seat bracket. The manufacturer has their head in the sand on this. There will be accident / loss of control at some point.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Feb 252014

Murano 6-cyl

I was driving and the left side support on my seat just broke, causing me to be off balance, and I almost lost control of the vehicle. This is a major safety issue as someone sitting in a rocking chair isn't able to properly maneuver the steering wheel, since they pull on the wheel for stability when the chair support breaks.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Mar 112014

Murano

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. The contact stated while parked, the front driver's side seat partially detached from the frame when the seat was occupied. Also, whenever driving the seat would began to rock in a backward and forward motion. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who informed that the service warranty was expired. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 73,000.

- Baltimore , MD, USA

Mar 082014

Murano 6-cyl

Driver seat bracket/track broke suddenly. Left rear corner now unattached and seat is wobbly and not secured.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Feb 222014

Murano 6-cyl

I got into my parked car and as soon I sat in the seat, the back left support of the seat base broke and dropped about 6 inches. The seat now rocks when you sit in it. This is a very big safety hazard for driving as there is no stability in the seat and moves around turns and over bumps. If I had been driving when this happened there surely would have been a crash.

- San Martin, CA, USA

Feb 092014

Murano 6-cyl

I got into my car to drive somewhere, and noticed that my seat was loose and shifting back and forth - from side to side. I thought that there was a loose bolt, and so I took the car to the dealership on 2/21, and I was told that it was a broken lifter assembly - and that the repair would be $625. I immediately asked if there was a recall because the definitely appeared to be a "safety issue", and I was told that there was not. I have done my research on line, and I see where this is and has been a very common complaint for several years, for what appears to be for models 2003 thru 2007, at least. I found pages and pages of complaints from many people. We all have the same opinion that this is a manufacturers defect, and should be repaired at the expense of Nissan. I have owned many different models of cars in my lifetime, and a seat breaking in this manner has never happened. My husband is a firefighter, and his first response was concern that the way the seat shifts now, could cause a seatbelt to injure or possibly decapitate a person during a car crash. He has seen many unusual things happen in his career, so I don't believe this is far fetched from the reality of something terrible to happen to a person driving their car with a broken driver's seat. I was prepared to pay for a bolt to be replaced, not to have to pay for my seat to be completely repaired, in order to keep me and my family safe. A seat should be made to endure the day in and day out of the weight of people - large and small, for the life of the vehicle. I am under 200lbs, and my husband is 250lbs. We bought the car with the mindset that it would be strong and durable to last for many, many years to come, without the worries that our seats could break so easily. Thank you for your time.

- Hiram, GA, USA

Feb 072014

Murano 6-cyl

The rear mount point for the driver's seat has snapped. This causes the driver's seat to become unstable and rock back and forth while driving.

- Millbury, MA, USA

Dec 102013

Murano

Driving down the road at 45 mph and heard a snapping noise and felt my drivers seat wobble. Was able to pull into the parking lot of my grandson's school and got out of the car and noticed that my drivers seat was titled to the left and rocking back and forth. Had the car towed to the dealership and was told that the steel frame of the seat needed to be completely replaced. Fortunately for me that I did not have an accident where I could have seriously been injured or worse yet that I injured someone else. The cost for the repair was $1450. I contacted Nissan customer care who for assistance with funding of this repair and was told that seats are only warranted for 3 years and they were unwilling to provide any monetary assistance. I do not consider this as being normal wear and tear of a vehicle and am extremely disappointed that Nissan is not willing to stand behind their product. I appealed this decision with Nissan customer care and they are still unwilling to assist me with funding. What a shame, they have certainly lost a valued Nissan customer. Checking the internet, specifically your website NHTSA, it appears that there have been an extreme large number of complaints of the Murano drivers seats breaking. Why has this issue not been defined as a factory defect and a real safety issue. How many complaints will it take, to make Nissan to issue a recall. Someone needs to do something and am hoping that NHTSA will do an investigation and force Nissan to take this issue seriously. A car with only 69 thousand miles on it and 7 years old should not need a drivers seat replaced unless involved in an accident. Hope to hear something favorable in the near future. Not that this matter, but I am a senior us citizen and I do not intend to be treated in this manner, nor should anyone else. Please help

- Dumfries, VA, USA

Oct 162013

Murano

The driver's seat frame mount snapped, causing seat to shift, which in turn caused the driver to shift resulting in vehicle swerving into adjacent lane. Drive was able to take corrective action, avoiding head on collision.

- Ashburnham, MA, USA

Apr 262013

Murano 6-cyl

I purchased my 2007 Murano in August 2011. From the date of purchase, I've had multiple issues. The brakes have been a constant issue, I've had to replace the front struts (before 60,000 miles) and was told that I need to replace the rear shocks as soon as possible, the driver side visor is broken, 2 months ago it began leaking oil for some unknown reason, and now the front seat is broken, causing the left hand side of the seat to 'float'. I weigh 140 lbs so it's not like I've caused any undue stress on the seat. The vehicle currently has 70,000 miles. I cannot afford to make all the repairs - but cannot sell it until I do make them (who in their right mind wants to purchase a car that needs $2500 poured into it for repairs, with new issues occurring on a regular basis). It's a shame that Nissan can produce something of such poor quality and not be forced to stand behind their product. This is the worst car I've ever owned. If I can ever get rid of this it I'll never own another Nissan.

- Lewisville, NC, USA

Dec 182013

Murano

Drivers seat rail is broken and rocks back and forth.

- Dundas, MN, USA

Dec 032013

Murano 6-cyl

Broken seat frame. While approaching a red light the driver's front seat had a snapping sound and I began leaning toward the left. Seat now rocks and leans toward the left.

- Teaneck, NJ, USA

Nov 182013

Murano 6-cyl

While backing out of our garage. My wife heard a noise like something broken and the seat immediately shifted to the left. Now the seat wobbles and now leans to the left, the vehicle is not safe to drive. You do not have total control of the vehicle while the seat wobbles when you drive. After my inspection the rear cross support arm is broken where it mounts to the left track assembly. I am a service manager in the automotive industry. I am involved in factory recalls at the dealership. I can not understand why this issue has not been defined as a factory defect and a real safety issue. Nissan needs to correct this issue before this results in a casualty.

- Lafayette, LA, USA

Nov 052013

Murano 6-cyl

The very common issue of the driver's side seat broke and is not properly adhered to the frame of the car. This possesses a vital threat to operating this vehicle. I would ask that this be considered for a recall from Nissan as this is a huge safety issue for Murano owners.

- Clemmons, NC, USA

Nov 112013

Murano 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that while entering the vehicle, the driver's seat frame weld became fractured, causing the seat to fall backward. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where the contact was informed that the frame needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The failure mileage was 82,000...updated 12-30-13 the consumer was informed by the manufacturer that the vehicle was out of warranty therefore the case was closed. The manufacturer would not assist with any repairs. Updated 1/22/2014

- Burleson, TX, USA

Oct 052013

Murano 6-cyl

Driver's seat frame broke/snapped while driving approximately 40 mph on a surface street. Upon inspection, the entire seat was wobbling and not sturdy. Vehicle was taken immediately to dealer and was subsequently informed by the manufacturer that this was not covered under warranty.

- Lake Forest, CA, USA

Aug 142013

Murano

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph, the seats frame fractured causing the seat to fall backward. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that the frame needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 100,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Croffertsville, IN, USA