2007 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Murano:

2007 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 2 of 8)

Aug 102013

Murano

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. The contact was driving 15 mph and crashed into an unknown object. The air bags failed to deploy and the contact's head struck the windshield. In addition, the seat belt failed to secure the contact. The contact was not transported to the hospital for treatment of injuries. A police report was not field. The vehicle was destroyed. The contact called the manufacturer and filed a complaint. The contact stated that the seat was found to be fracture due to corrosion of the seat frame. The failure mileage was 63,000.

- Phoenix , AZ, USA

Aug 062013

Murano 6-cyl

Driver seat anchor failure driver seat collapsed towards driver door while driving from pa. To fl. On I-95. Loud pop under seat when incident occurred. I will have it repaired before I return to pa. According to your bulletin: NHTSA / PE 08065. The number of complaints are high but you closed this issue on 7/2/09. If you look further you will find this problem has been going on since 2005 with only several accidents reported. No fatalities yet. Please check the arfc web site for another 267 complaints. This finding needs to be reopened and is a safety issue that needs to be addressed. Had I not reacted swiftly while in motion I would not be sending you this complaint, my attorney would with a copy to my congressman and Nissan.

- West Hazleton, PA, USA

Aug 012013

Murano

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. The contact stated she heard a popping noise and once the vehicle began to move the seat began to rock and sway back and forth disrupting her driving ability. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 89,000.

- Mannford, OK, USA

Feb 052013

Murano 6-cyl

The driver seat has come de-welded and now the seat rocks.

- Bethlehem, PA, USA

Jul 132013

Murano 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that after entering the vehicle, the driver's seat collapsed inward. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the seat back needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Valley Center, CA, USA

Jun 212013

Murano 6-cyl

Turning a corner on parking lot. Heard a lot pop and my seat collapsed, shifting me into the driver's side door. The seat fell to the floor and rocks every time I drive over uneven pavement and/or makes turns. I almost control of my vehicle when this happened.

- Saint Charles, MO, USA

Jun 122013

Murano 6-cyl

The seat based weld failed on the left rear corner causing an unsafe condition. In researching this issue, there are many, many similar incidents reported on the web. This should be a recall condition as it renders the vehicle unsafe to drive. I shudder to think what would happen if my 17 year-old new driver was in an accident...the seat could easily break loose.

- Wilmette, IL, USA

May 312013

Murano 6-cyl

The drivers seat bracket failed prematurely. The drivers seat broke towards the back left corner closest to the passenger door and the seat currently rocks corner to corner. The welding of the frames cross member snapped apart while in park, right before putting the vehicle in drive. This issue could have happened while driving and is a huge concern and apparently (according to others online) is a common defect/flaw of the 2003-2007 Muranos.

- Orland Park, IL, USA

May 202013

Murano

While driving to work I heard a loud pop inside the car and all of a sudden the drivers seat leaned to the back left and I had to brace myself and the car from swerving. As I continued to drive the seat kept rocking side to side on the left. When I got to work and parked I noticed the seat was tilted and lose. This is extremely dangerous to anyone driving as I almost got into an accident when bracing myself as a result of the seat breaking. This is a serious safety issue that needs to be repaired by Nissan.

- Daly City, CA, USA

May 012013

Murano 6-cyl

Left rear support for driver's seat failed while driving causing seat to lean back--this is dangerous.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Feb 022013

Murano 6-cyl

Seat frame part failure. At first the seat leaned then within a few days broke. This must be a huge safety issue that can cause an accident if it breaks while driving or accident occurs before seat is fixed. I spoke to a few Nissan dealerships who were all fully aware and have seen this same broken part often. Nissan does not cover this part. I feel this should be recalled asap due to the safety issue. Nissan should pay for this repair.

- Oxnard, CA, USA

Apr 172013

Murano

I was driving my Murano today when all of a sudden I heard a loud pop and then my seat began to rock. The left frame on the driver's side had broken and I did not think this was possible. I see from this website that there are many other Murano drivers out there that this is happened to and that they have contacted Nissan and they didnt care! this is a major safety issues and it this problem needs to be recalled and fixed! this is totally unacceptable and Nissan should be ashamed! they are putting our lives and others are risk! heaven forbid that the right side of the frame go. I am calling Nissan tomorrow! there should be a class action suit against them! I will never buy another Nissan again! they should not make the consumer responsible for their shotty work and they should fix it for free!

- Horsham, PA, USA

Mar 082013

Murano 6-cyl

Driver seat is broken, seat is rocking. No warning that the seat would give out. Got in my car to go to work and noticed that the seat would move. It does not feel safe at all.

- Stamford, CT, USA

Nov 182011

Murano 6-cyl

Bracket holding drivers seat broke. Seat lifts up on left side. Nissan said they would not cover this safety issue.

- East Islip[, NY, USA

Feb 202013

Seat rail broke.

- Belmont, MI, USA

Feb 182013

Murano

Drivers side seat frame broke!! this is very dangerous and I see it has happened many times. There should be a recall.

- Yardley, PA, USA

Feb 032013

Murano 6-cyl

My wife got into the car to go out and heard a crack and the left rear side sitting dropped down, twisting the seat.

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Apr 252011

Murano 6-cyl

I was driving on the highway when the incident occurred. I brake because there was traffic ahead when all of a sudden I felt a pop and the seat dipped down and back. I almost crashed due to the distraction of the seat braking and bracing myself so that I didn't fall. The seat then began to rock back and forth. I had to sustain the seats with bricks underneath the seat so that I can be able to drive. I immediately went to the dealer and the response from the dealer was that they are aware of the issue and that the other replacement seats have the same issue. He basically told me "don't waste your money on a new seat because it will happen again". this is a very serious safety hazard and is beyond me that Nissan will not do a recall on this! it is amazing that someone has to die in order for something to happen.

- Windsor, CT, USA

Jan 072013

Murano

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the front driver's seat frame bracket failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who advised the contact that there were no recalls for the failure and that the driver's seat frame bracket would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 118,000.

- New Haven, KY, USA

Dec 102012

Murano 6-cyl

I got in my car after work, started driving down the street, and I heard a loud pop sound (like a bar in the seat broke/popped) from the drivers seat of my vehicle. Right afterwards my seat started rocking and leaning to the left. I pushed the electrical seat buttons to make sure the power was still working, but now the seat is rocking.

- Prince George, VA, USA