2007 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Murano:

2007 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 2 of 10)

Aug 142014

I have a 2007 Nissan Murano and as I was driving the seat broke causing me to almost slide off the seat. I called Nissan to make an appointment to have it fixed and was told that it would cost me $1500. I decided to go home and check if there had been any recall on this part and was shocked to see letter after letter from Nissan Murano owner with the same problem. This I feel is very dangerous and should have been addressed with a recall from the dealer.someone is going to get really hurt if they are riding down the highway at 65 miles an hour and the seat breaks. I hope by writing to you this can be avoided.

- Somers Point , NJ, USA

Jul 292014

Murano 6-cyl

Entered driver's side of vehicle, sat in seat, and heard a snapping/breaking type noise. In sitting on the seat it began to wobble and was on a slant. Had to place a piece of wood to level it off so I could use my vehicle.

- Hatboro, PA, USA

Jul 102012

Murano 6-cyl

First problem was the driver side visor which kept flopping down causing a hazard blocking the driver's vision. Second problem happen later, the driver seat broke while driving, left rear bracket broke. Call and wrote to Nissan customer service and was told both problems were out of warranty and they would not honor my claim. This is the third Nissan that I have owned, and will never buy another Nissan product. For a vehicle that has less than 100K miles to have these problems and for Nissan not to cover the problem shows a true lack of customer service.

- San Geronimo, CA, USA

Jun 102014

Murano 6-cyl

When I entered the vehicle, the bracket on the driver's seat broke, causing the seat to rock and tilt to the left. After researching the issue online, it appears to be a rather common occurrence for this model year. Apparently Nissan issued a tsb on the problem, but did not issue a recall. If the driver's seat is not secure, how effective can the safety belt be in a crash? it is a real danger, and should be recalled.

- Niskayuna, NY, USA

Jun 082014

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the driver's seat framing was cracked and detached from the seat along with a bolt that was broken on the frame. As a result, the seat had become unstable. The vehicle was taken to the dealer the technician diagnosed that the drivers seat hinge and frame needed to be replaced. The vehicle was to be repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 71,000.

- Springfield, MA, USA

Jun 072011

Murano 6-cyl

The driver seat hydraulic mechanism broke and the seat does not move forward or backward making it dangerous for the driver that needs to adjust the seat.

- Creve Coeur, MO, USA

May 252014

I was driving home and I heard a loud pop and my drivers side seat fell into the drivers side door and I swerved into oncoming traffic. Thankfully, there were no cars that were close and no accident occurred. I called the dealer in my town and found out it was going to cost $1400 to fix the issue. I called salvage yards and could only find a seat in a town 4 hours away so it would cost extra to have the seat shipped here ($300). In my research I found out it has been a common problem and decided to look to see if there had been a recall. I read all of the complaints on this same issue and others from this page and determined to take it to a local welder and have the frame welded based on the fact that the chair would break again even if the part had been replaced with a new or used part. The guy at the shop told me that the frame supporting the seat was paper thin. He could fix it and beef it up so that the problem would not happen again. It cost $159 to fix and at this time it is working quite well. I am saddened to find out that Nissan will not stand by their product and fix this issue! I have told everyone I know so that they could pass on the information to friend's who have Nissan's. I am afraid to continue to drive this car due to the other issues these cars have based on some of the complaints I have read on this site.

- Pierre, SD, USA

May 012014

Murano 6-cyl

The left side of driver's seat is completely of the track/frame causing seat to not be secured and also causing seat to rock back and forth.

- Vails Gate, NY, USA

May 062014

While driving the driver seats bracket broke. Very unsafe. Seat wobbled and when coming to a stop the seat went forward. This is insane for S seat to just snap while driving on the highway. At 65000 miles a seat should not just brake like this did and when I brought it to the dealer they refused to fix because the warranty on the car was expired over mileage. This should be a Nissan recall with all the complaints they have with the same issue. To fix this seat was $1,000. Shame on you Nissan.

- Edison, NJ, USA

May 072012

1. this is safety hazard and my biggest concern driver seat, left bracket broke. I was told by Nissan dealer this is common problem but not covered by my platinum extended warranty which I purchased at team Nissan in oxnard, ca I was also told the entire seat needs to be replaced to fix this problem. I have seen online that many people have had the same part break. I would hate to think about how this seat might break completely loose in a crash causing the driver to be propelled out the front windshield & possibly killed. Nissan needs to recall & fix this part! 2. passenger front window goes up & down randomly..I have to keep the windows locked so it doesn't go down making my car vulnerable for theft because more than a few times I came out in the morning to find it down. Also, when trying to put it up, once it closes it then rolls right back down. 3. electric door locks sometimes don't all lock with key fob. Usually driver door & sometimes other doors don't lock when using key fob. I have to check all four doors every time I lock the car.

- Oxnard, CA, USA

Apr 232014

Murano 6-cyl

While driving the driver seat rear seat lifter bracket, part 87473-ca00A broke. The part has been redesigned and is now part 87473ca01A. While the part was broke the seat had a lot of movement and tilted toward the driver door. It cost $579.48 to repair.

- North Olmsted, OH, USA

Oct 012013

Murano 6-cyl

My driver seat has broken to the point where it rocks back and tilts forward. It looks like the rear/left side bracket that holds the seat to the floor has broke. The seat will randomly shift around while driving. I feel the seat would not hold me properly in a accident.

- Troy, MI, USA

Apr 182014

Brought my Nissan Murano for water leak in the body seal, the car was delivered to me with a broken front drivers seat. The dealership denies breaking it and I didn't give it to them that way. I am being told it is a common problem with the year model and that Nissan is aware and will not recall. I am considering legal advice.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Mar 292014

Was driving on highway when the drivers seat fell back toward door. Seat was not stable and rocked while driving. Brought car in and was told the left front seat track was broken and needed to be replaced.

- Roselle, IL, USA

Apr 012014

Murano 6-cyl

Bracket holding seat broke. I did not lose control of the car, but it did startle me. Upon doing some research, there is an issue with 2003-2008 Muranos and the seat bracket. The manufacturer has their head in the sand on this. There will be accident / loss of control at some point.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Feb 252014

Murano 6-cyl

I was driving and the left side support on my seat just broke, causing me to be off balance, and I almost lost control of the vehicle. This is a major safety issue as someone sitting in a rocking chair isn't able to properly maneuver the steering wheel, since they pull on the wheel for stability when the chair support breaks.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Mar 112014

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Murano. The contact stated while parked, the front driver's side seat partially detached from the frame when the seat was occupied. Also, whenever driving the seat would began to rock in a backward and forward motion. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who informed that the service warranty was expired. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 73,000.

- Baltimore , MD, USA

Mar 082014

Murano 6-cyl

Driver seat bracket/track broke suddenly. Left rear corner now unattached and seat is wobbly and not secured.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Feb 222014

Murano 6-cyl

I got into my parked car and as soon I sat in the seat, the back left support of the seat base broke and dropped about 6 inches. The seat now rocks when you sit in it. This is a very big safety hazard for driving as there is no stability in the seat and moves around turns and over bumps. If I had been driving when this happened there surely would have been a crash.

- San Martin, CA, USA

Feb 092014

Murano 6-cyl

I got into my car to drive somewhere, and noticed that my seat was loose and shifting back and forth - from side to side. I thought that there was a loose bolt, and so I took the car to the dealership on 2/21, and I was told that it was a broken lifter assembly - and that the repair would be $625. I immediately asked if there was a recall because the definitely appeared to be a "safety issue", and I was told that there was not. I have done my research on line, and I see where this is and has been a very common complaint for several years, for what appears to be for models 2003 thru 2007, at least. I found pages and pages of complaints from many people. We all have the same opinion that this is a manufacturers defect, and should be repaired at the expense of Nissan. I have owned many different models of cars in my lifetime, and a seat breaking in this manner has never happened. My husband is a firefighter, and his first response was concern that the way the seat shifts now, could cause a seatbelt to injure or possibly decapitate a person during a car crash. He has seen many unusual things happen in his career, so I don't believe this is far fetched from the reality of something terrible to happen to a person driving their car with a broken driver's seat. I was prepared to pay for a bolt to be replaced, not to have to pay for my seat to be completely repaired, in order to keep me and my family safe. A seat should be made to endure the day in and day out of the weight of people - large and small, for the life of the vehicle. I am under 200lbs, and my husband is 250lbs. We bought the car with the mindset that it would be strong and durable to last for many, many years to come, without the worries that our seats could break so easily. Thank you for your time.

- Hiram, GA, USA