2007 Nissan Murano engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Murano:

2007 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Feb 012016

Everytime I am in a slow speed my truck putters and jerks like its shifting into another speed. I dont have a manual. My seat feels like someone is pulling on it when nobody is near me. My engine light came on and my tire presure battery keeps dying on me.

- Antigo, WI, USA

Dec 082011

Murano 6-cyl

First noticed it kept popping out of all wheel drive in a snow storm while driving 15 mpr. Next issue was driving on the interstate at 65rpm the speed kept decellerating or sticking like it had a govanor on it at 65. Now I can not drive it for more then twenty minutes without it decellerating. It won't shift just sticks at 3rpm and the speed will not increase. Took it to the dealer three times. First time they said it was a bad battery. Second time they hooked it up to check engine machine. It did not throw a code so they said it was saft to drive. Coming down a mountain it started bucking and speed decellerated very quickly. Thankfully I was not hit from behind. Seems like a transmission problem to me but having a hard time getting nissian to replace it. Very scary and unsafe.

- Pine Grove, PA, USA

Nov 022011

Murano 6-cyl

I first noticed a "burning rubber smell" that mechanics could not duplicate. At about 80,000 miles the car began to lose power when I would accelerate. I began hearing a loud squealing noise that to me (a total car novice) sounded like belts. Because of the power surges problems and not changing gears (rpms were low when I accelerate) I have been afraid to drive this vehicle. When I took it to the dealership (instead of my local mechanic) I was told to leave it there because it was unsafe to drive. Apparently it is a "transfer case" defect that they are going to repair at a huge expense to me. After searching the internet for this problem with other Murano owners, I was shocked at the number of Murano transfer case problems there are out there. I have definitely lost my confidence in Nissan because of this.

- Edwardsville, IL, USA

Jul 152007

I had at least 3 accidents in my Murano whereby I hit the person in front of me. I was almost stopped or stopped, but the accelerator kept on pushing therefore, hitting the next car. Because it happened 3 times in 2 years and I am not careless, I feel it could have something to do with the minor idle fluctuation or poor acceleration described in Nissan Murano model 2007-recall notification. Please advise what recourse I may have other than just fixing my car; which I intend to do.

- San Antonio, TX, USA