2009 Nissan Murano accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Murano:

2009 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Nov 032010

Murano 6-cyl

Our vehicle is a 2009 Nissan Murano sl with relatively low mileage. Around November of 2010 the door lock actuators began to randomly fail to work on this vehicle. Over a period of several months the malfunctioning door lock actuators spread to all four of the doors on this car. I have contacted two different dealerships after having learned that this is a very common failure on multiple year models of Nissan. Both dealers explained there was no recall and that the repairs would likely run $1200 to $1800 to fix all four doors. Living in the houston area and having a grandchild, this is an extremely dangerous situation. Nissan should be required to recall the vehicles suffering from this defect. Other vehicles that I have owned for many years never suffered a failure of such a critical component. The price dealers are charging for this repair is outrageous in light of the fact that it is so critical to safety. The inability to quickly and safely lock a vehicle invites occupants to be ejected in the event of a crash and makes occupants of the vehicle much more vulnerable to car jacking or other forced entry crimes. Please look into the frequency and severity of this issue and force Nissan to acknowledge this very significant defect in their vehicles.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Jun 052013

Murano 6-cyl

Automatic door locks on all four doors malfunctioned, not autolocking or unlocking with smart key, or door handle button. Passenger side is intermittent, so it is uncertain when door is locked or not and I cannot get my child out of the car from the outside without someone else being inside to manually unlock the back doors. This is an emergency safety issue and requires recall.

- Gig Harbor , WA, USA

May 142013

Murano

The passenger door behind the drivers door lock does not lock/unlock with using either the fob or when the car starts moving and all the door locks should lock automatically. This is a huge safety issue, either the door is not locked and someone can carjack it or if we had to evacuate the car and we had manually locked this door, anyone sitting in that seat would not be able to get out unless they can unlock it manually themselves, if someone wanted to try and get them out externally, not go to happen! go on any Nissan Murano forum and this is a long term inherent problem with Nissan door locks., why is this not getting addressed"?"

- Wisconsin Rapids, WI, USA

Feb 282013

Murano

The driver door will not lock or un-lock using the key fob. This is a safety issue because they no longer will lock automatically.

- Darrow, LA, USA

Dec 252010

Murano 6-cyl

At about 65,000 miles the driver door lock actuator quit working. All 4 door lock actuators actuators quit working shortly after. This is a safety issue because my child's door could be opened now since they no longer will lock automatically. I am afraid to manually lock the doors in the case of an car accident in which we were incapable of getting out of the car to save him, then emergency personnel could easily open doors if actuators worked. The unlock buttons will not work. Also, my wife travels through dangerous neighborhoods in which she should be able to lock all doors without pulling off the road. The lock buttons will not work. Please help!

- Gardendale, AL, USA

Sep 082012

Murano

I own a 2009 Nissan Murano S model. My driver's side door power lock jammed 3 days ago for no apparent reason whatsoever. I went to work and when I came out the keyless entry key did not unlock the driver's side door. All other doors were fine. I brought it the dealer on Monday who could not get the door unlocked and then notified me that the door panel access was in the part of the car inaccessible because they could not get the door opened at all. I was asked to bring the car back to Nissan. I will update this complaint at that time. Right now this is a serious safety issue, not to mention the inconvenience to me as a customer climbing over the center console.

- Middlesex, NJ, USA

May 072012

Murano

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the front driver's door emitted a loud noise when it was opened or closed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the lock actuator assembly needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileages were 137,785.

- Horse Cave , KY, USA

Apr 102012

Murano

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Murano. The contact stated the vehicle had a keyless lock and the front driver's side would not lock with the remote. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and was told the actuator failed. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage was 70,000.

- Shelton, CT, USA

Sep 102011

Murano

Power door locks do not work on two of the doors -- driver's door and right rear passenger door. One door lock stopped working last week; the other door lock stopped working yesterday. Rear door cannot be locked to keep our children in -- a safety issue -- and it has to be locked manually. In the event of an accident, I will be unable to unlock the door and allow the children to escape; again, a safety issue.

- Cartersville, GA, USA

Jul 102010

Murano

Several weeks ago (July 2010) door actuator on 2009 Nissan Murano started having problems. Door lock is intermittent. This is a serious safety problem.

- Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ, USA

Jul 262010

Murano

On Monday, July 26, 2010 I started my 2009 Nissan Murano and the passenger side window went down and will not come back up. Also I noticed the door lock button was actually unlocking my car. I took it to the dealer and they said the door lock actuator needed to be replaced. After seeing this seems to be a common problem experienced by many other owners I thought I should report this.

- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, 00, USA

May 012010

Murano

2009 Nissan Murano - power door locks work intermittently. This is a huge safety issue, not to mention a theft issue. Searching the internet, many people have complained of the same issue over the last few years. Why is there no mandatory recall on the Nissan Murano for faulty locks??

- Dallas, TX, USA

Mar 192010

Murano

I was involved in an accident where the other driver failed to yield and we crashed, the airbag deployed and when I came to I heard my son screaming then I tried to open driver side door and it would not open the unlock button did not work either nor did the window. I then tried the passenger side and those did not work either so I then hoped in the back seat and unlatched my son and took the baby out his seat and covered their faces because of the smoke tried to open the back doors and windows and they did not work either we were trapped in the car and I then tried to kick the windows out however, was not successful it was not until a bystander saw the ricking of the car and a few men had to break the windows out with a crow bar and a hammer..should this have happened the car is a 2009 Nissan Murano why did the electrical system fail.

- Portsmouth, VA, USA

Feb 042010

Murano

The rear lift gate on my 2009 Murano is locked and won't open with any key or switch. Searched on line and it appears there is an issue between the power liftgate and the electric door locks that can lock out both.

- Greer, SC, USA