4.0

2009 Nissan Murano accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Murano:

2009 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Oct 122012

Murano 6-cyl

The keyless remote appears to lock the doors and set the security system. The door handle was pulled allowing entry into the car while it was thought to be locked. The alarm sounds but the car can be accessed when it appears and sounds as if it is properly locked. Only the drivers door locks. The door can be opened while in motion from the inside.

- Washington, PA, USA

Mar 312009

Murano

I recently had the opportunity to drive a 2009 Nissan Murano equipped with their "smart key". similarly, I also drove a 2007 Lexus gs with a "smart key". I have found that both vehicles can be shut off and exited with while it is inadvertently left in the "park" transmission position. Although a barely audible chime rings, a driver can exit the vehicle and if the vehicle is on an incline, it can roll freely!! I am astounded that there are no "neutral safety" controls on these new vehicles. Standard key ignitions prevent the driver from releasing the key in any position except "park"... not so with these new "smart key" cars! I foresee many accidents occurring unless some correction is made in this "option". I don't understand how a government vehicle safety check would overlook this flaw.

- Lake Ronkonkoma, NY, USA