2009 Nissan Murano body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Murano:

2009 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Jul 052016

Murano

Driving on a two lane road at 45 mph when the vehicle two cars in front of me slowed down to make a turn. When I tried to decelerate I completely lost control of my car and it swerved into the oncoming lane which was fortunately empty at the time. It felt as if I was driving on ice with the entire back end moving sideways. I was only 2 miles from home and upon pulling in my driveway I examined the rear end of my car. The welds broke on the rear sub-frame and the car was no longer connected to the frame.

- Nassau, NY, USA

May 132015

Murano

The front passenger door locks intermittently. When this happens, the lock does not respond to the lock buttons (either driver side or passenger), key fob, or manual lever creating a dangerous situation in the event of accident. This could create a situation of death by burning.

- Nashua, NH, USA

Aug 072014

Murano

Everything on the bottoms of the SUV that I have seen including mine are all rusting on the bottoms. Including brand new ones that are still on the lot. Nissan says it's the salt in the roads but I don't find that the case. Needs to be investigated because mine keeps getting worse and I feel it should be replaced. Had 2006 and it was same way.

- Louisville, KY, USA

May 052014

Murano

The door lock actuator stops working trapping the rider in the car.

- Woodbury, MN, USA

May 022014

Murano

2009 Nissan Murano, front passenger door, will not open with either the outside or inside door handle. The door is locked closed. In the case of normal operation or in an emergency the door cannot open. It appears that Nissan is very well aware of this issue from the number of complaints on forums and the internet. There are several years in which the vehicles that have this issue. There is no corrective action being taken by Nissan, nor is there any notification for repair, replacement, recall, etc. I would find it hard to believe that this is not considered a safety issue. I hope that NHTSA looks into having Nissan put in a corrective action. This issue of door handles not operating are on several years' models and have been an ongoing issue to the vehicle owners.

- Port Clinton, OH, USA

Mar 302014

Murano

Front left driver side door cannot be opened from the inside or outside trapping me, the driver, inside the vehicle. A similar problem occurred last year, 04/09/2013 @ 91,393 miles, with the front passenger door. Again, trapping the passenger inside the vehicle. These faulty manufactured parts needed to be replaced: 80501-1aa0A & 80500-1aa0A (lock & remote C).

- Colden, NY, USA

Mar 122014

Murano

I have never owned a vehicle with this many blind spots! I have had so many "close calls" and it finally caught up to me. I was backing out of a parking place and backed into a car. The car was double parked but I looked in my mirrors and over my shoulder and never seen the car. This being said, I was already scared of my Murano prior to this because of the side blind spots. I have almost hit pedestrians, cars, and bicyclists crossing the street on numerous occasions. The vehicle where the side mirrors are is way to big, along with the mirrors, there is a huge blind spot. I have been very cautious when turning because of this but never realized how the blind spot in the side rear was I till I hit that car. The rear back windows are small but the issues is the windows are to high and the body is at an upward slant leaving no view when looking over your shoulder. This gives people a sense that they can see but you can not see a car sitting at your rear quarter panel. With all of the blind spots I am afraid I will run over a pedestrian walking across the street as I am turning and now afraid I will back into something or someone due to the side rear blind spots.

- Sioux City, IA, USA