2009 Nissan Murano electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Murano:

2009 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Mar 192010

I was involved in an accident where the other driver failed to yield and we crashed, the airbag deployed and when I came to I heard my son screaming then I tried to open driver side door and it would not open the unlock button did not work either nor did the window. I then tried the passenger side and those did not work either so I then hoped in the back seat and unlatched my son and took the baby out his seat and covered their faces because of the smoke tried to open the back doors and windows and they did not work either we were trapped in the car and I then tried to kick the windows out however, was not successful it was not until a bystander saw the ricking of the car and a few men had to break the windows out with a crow bar and a hammer..should this have happened the car is a 2009 Nissan Murano why did the electrical system fail.

- Portsmouth, VA, USA

Feb 192010

Car would not restart. Entire electrical system shuts down. Car towed to dealer and they couldn't find any issue. Has happened four more times. Found that the issue is related to the brake pedal interlock which shuts down the electrical system.

- Greer, SC, USA

Sep 022008

1. on 4 or 5 occasions vehicle would not crank 2. bluetooth disconnected 4 or 5 times 3. air conditioner would not cool 4. on 2 occasions the lights came on without any controls being depressed 5, on 1 occasion the vehicle would not crank and had to be cranked using battery cables 6. beepers go off when they are not supposed to.

- Fyffe, AL, USA

Dec 152008

Service engine soon light goes on and off depending on whether or not I've filled the car with gas or opened/closed the lift gate. I've taken it in to Nissan and they can reset it but that's about it. It eventually goes out again. I was told to take the fuel cap off and then place it back on and then if that didn't make it go out then open and close the lift gate.

- Crestview, FL, USA

Mar 312009

I recently had the opportunity to drive a 2009 Nissan Murano equipped with their "smart key". similarly, I also drove a 2007 Lexus gs with a "smart key". I have found that both vehicles can be shut off and exited with while it is inadvertently left in the "park" transmission position. Although a barely audible chime rings, a driver can exit the vehicle and if the vehicle is on an incline, it can roll freely!! I am astounded that there are no "neutral safety" controls on these new vehicles. Standard key ignitions prevent the driver from releasing the key in any position except "park"... not so with these new "smart key" cars! I foresee many accidents occurring unless some correction is made in this "option". I don't understand how a government vehicle safety check would overlook this flaw.

- Lake Ronkonkoma, NY, USA

Nov 042008

Murano 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Murano. While driving approximately 60 mph at night, on normal road conditions, the exterior headlights shut off without warning. The contact had to make several attempts before the headlights re-activated. The failure recurred three times, but the dealer could not duplicate the failure. The wiper washer and dimmer switch were replaced under the factory service warranty. The failure mileage was 609 and current mileage was 1,350. Updated 1/5/09 updated 01/09/09.

- Burque, IA, USA

Jul 262008

The start/stop ignition button on my vehicle if accidentally depressed while the vehicle is in motion completely shuts down the engine and all power equipment. At first I did not realize I accidentally depressed the button while driving, I tested it several times under different circumstances and it shut the vehicle down every time. Under all driving conditions but especially highway speeds this manufacturer defect would certainly cause an accident resulting in serious injury or death. I have contacted the dealership where the vehicle was leased on July 15th with no response, I have also called Nissan Consumer Affairs also with no response and I have written a letter of complaint to Nissan Consumer Affairs with a certified copy to the center for auto safety in Washington, DC. In the owners manual for my vehicle there is a printed warning not to depress the start/stop ignition button while the vehicle is in motion as it could cause an accident resulting in serious injury. This indicates to me that Nissan is aware of the problem but has done nothing to fix it and in my case never explained that this could happen. In speaking to the sales manager at the dealership he admitted he did not know that this would happen while the vehicle was in motion.

- Valrico, FL, USA