2009 Nissan Murano engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Murano:

2009 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Oct 012015

Murano

It does not accelerate from a stop very well. Sometimes I try to pull into traffic and cannot accelerate fast enough and feel terribly frightened that I will be hit from behind as a result. It seems to be worse when going uphill. After 5 seconds maybe it kicks in and begins accelerating. This is an extremely dangerous problem. I feel like it will cause an accident.

- Nashua, NH, USA

Dec 112015

Murano

While I was driving on a rural route, at 9:10pm, the car started accelerating without my foot. I put my foot on the break pedal. I stepped very hard and started slowing down. When I loosen the pedal, the car started accelerating. All the sudden I heard popping sound and started slowing down. I think that was the sound of the gas pedal released. At 9:15pm, the gas pedal was stuck again. The acceleration was full and reached to the 80 miles very quickly. I stepped the break pedal slowly but very hard then started slowing down. I tried to pull my car on the side of the road but could not stop. So, I put the gear into "N". I hard the gas was still going. As I stepped on the gas pedal one more time, the pedal was released, so I could stop. As the area do not have good phone connections any way, I drove the car again, slowly, to the dealer and left the car there. It was extremely dangerous. If the driver was my wife, she probably had an accident. If the road was icy, if deer came out, if that was in city area or in our drive way, I had very bad accident. We bought this car in the middle of August. Tire pressure ramp it always on, but everything else was great until this. I would never want to drive the same car even after a repair. It was awful and can not trust anymore.

- Allegany, NY, USA

Apr 112015

Murano

I was driving on M52 and was going to attempt to pass a slow moving vehicle. I stabbed the accelerator pedal to pass and it stuck in this position. I cancelled my attempt to pass due to traffic and had to brake the vehicle. I was able to keep control but I had to pump the accelerator several times to get it to release. This is actually the second time this has happened with this vehicle. The first I was stuck in my yard in the snow. I was trying to get unstuck and one of the times when I was trying to get the vehicle to move the accelerator stuck and I had to repeatedly stab the accelerator to get it free. This was around mid January of 2015.

- Hemlock, MI, USA

Dec 282011

Murano 6-cyl

ABS module failure. Needs replacement. In case of emergency, ABS, vdc and stability control are not going to control the vehicle. Also the tires lights warning and the brakes are on.

- San Juan , PR, USA

Jul 282010

Murano 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Murano. The contact was driving approximately 10 mph in a parking lot, and when the brake pedal was applied the speed rate increased up to 25 mph. The vehicle would not slow down and crashed into an unoccupied parked vehicle. The contact sustained no personal injury. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the residence, and then towed to an authorized dealer where the technician was unable to locate the cause of failure. The vehicle was being repaired for the body damages at the total cost of $3,661.88. The failure mileage was 9,000. Updated 11/16/10. Updated 12/08/10. Updated 12/14/10

- Buffalo Grove, IL, USA

May 082010

Murano

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Murano. While driving 65 mph, the vehicle would not accelerate and began to lose power. The contact moved the vehicle off of the road and was towed to the dealer. The dealer stated that a pin was fractured in the acceleration box and repairs were made accordingly. The contact did not retrieve the vehicle from the dealer out of fear that the vehicle was unsafe to drive. The failure and current mileages were 23,000.

- Baltimore, MD, USA