2.6

2009 Nissan Murano fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Murano:

2009 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Mar 182016

Murano

The check engine light will not go off on my car-I took the car back 4 times to the dealer and it has not been fixed.

- Owings Mills, MD, USA

Apr 112015

Murano

I was driving on M52 and was going to attempt to pass a slow moving vehicle. I stabbed the accelerator pedal to pass and it stuck in this position. I cancelled my attempt to pass due to traffic and had to brake the vehicle. I was able to keep control but I had to pump the accelerator several times to get it to release. This is actually the second time this has happened with this vehicle. The first I was stuck in my yard in the snow. I was trying to get unstuck and one of the times when I was trying to get the vehicle to move the accelerator stuck and I had to repeatedly stab the accelerator to get it free. This was around mid January of 2015.

- Hemlock, MI, USA

Sep 182012

Murano

Shortly after purchasing our 2009 Nissan Murano in Sept 2012 a loud noise was heard at times in the floor board...it was discovered to be a broken motor mount...this was replaced under 30 day warranty from place of purchase. The sunroof cover also was defective as it would not open completely at times and also required replacing. Since this time in 2013 the wipers do not work properly at all times...this has not been recreated for a tech to inspect....sometimes they do not go as fast as should if heavy rain and other times go too fast if barely drizzling, this is on the intermittent function. February 2014 was due to take in for routine oil change that day and service engine soon light came on that morning...was advised needs new catalytic converter, was at 85K, manf. Warranty went out at 80K, extended warranty we purchased and paid extra for was to cover up to 150K; however, does not cover this part. Nissan says nothing on them, funny they are the ones who made the vehicle, and regardless of this being a used vehicle (we are the second owner) this is not something you can tell in advance is going out...we have not had any noise prior and this was first time light came on. This is very costly and something that has to be fixed in order to pass inspection or I will not have a vehicle to drive.

- Clemmons, NC, USA

May 012013

Murano 6-cyl

Unable to put fuel in the vehicle!

- Economy, IN, USA

Aug 142009

Murano 6-cyl

The vehicle cvt becomes unstable. Vehicle unexpectedly loses power at times. Got off highway ramp and came to a normal stop. Stepped on accelerator to move into traffic. Vehicle hesitated and crawled slowly into traffic for 5 to 10 seconds before surging forward with accelerator to the floor. Nearly T-boned on several occasions. Have gone through 4 transmissions so far and the dealership is contemplating another replacement. I have no confidence another transmission will fix the problem since the same dangerous failure mode keeps showing up totally without warning.

- Jonesboro, AR, USA