2009 Nissan Murano transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Murano:

2009 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Mar 012015

Murano LS V6

• CVT transmission

car will go backwards when stopped on drive

I feel what is happening with my car is very dangerous because I could have an accident anytime when my car goes backwards. First I thought it was a one time thing because my car has a low mileage but it's happened several times now. You never expect a transmission CVT to go bad when your car is only 60,000 miles and has been serviced regularly. I'm going to the dealership and I'm expecting from them to repair my transmission since this is a common problem for the Murano 2009 to the point that Nissan extended the warranty coverage from 60,000 to 120,000.

- , Fort Collins, CO, USA

Aug 102013

Murano SL 3.5L

• CVT transmission

the transmission started kicking and it was really annoying. if you are buying such a car, make sure check the trans or have the warranty.

- , saskatoon, Saskatchewan, canada

Nov 012011

I was ok with purchasing the vehicle, but we have had this vehicle in the shop more than it should have to be. This has been a huge problem for us due to having 2 children and a busy life. We are paying for a vehicle that we have had in the shop more than at home. I would prefer that this vehicle be paid off or at least 1/2 paid due to all of the problems we have had. I don't think it's ok to be paying for a vehicle that is always in the shop. So now we have to get a rental that is NOT EQUAL TO WHAT WE HAVE and that's wrong.

- , Greenfield, MA, USA