2.4

2011 Nissan Murano body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Murano:

2011 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Aug 242016

Murano

I was driving up rt 33 going North toward ridgefield and there were fallen/cut branches on the side of the road (across the street from linden tree) that were sticking out, and scratched the full length of the right side of my car. They appeared to have been pushed to the side, but not enough to avoid brushing a car. I have a black car and one mark in particular runs the full length of the car. I took it to a car wash this morning hoping it would wash off, but it is a scratch. I spoke to gaylan in new canaan who suggested I file the claim here. I am not sure if this is the right section. I tried to take photos but due to glare and the thin line against a big black space, you cannot tell from a photo. I am happy to bring the car for firsthand inspection. I am very upset as I went to the area today and there is an orange cone next to the brush to alert people, but I did not see the cone as it was tucked behind some of the leaves. Please advise as this car is still pretty new and these scratches are impossible to get out and have damaged the paint surface on the right side of my car.

- Wilton, CT, USA

Sep 292014

Murano 6-cyl

Sunroof of my 2011 Nissan Murano exploded suddenly while driving down the highway on a clear day and no other cars in the area. The malfunction of the sunroof exploding caused the center of the sunroof glass to protrude outward into a dome shape while glass pieces shattered into the cabin of the Murano. Upon contacting the Nissan dealer, they referred me to the national Nissan customer service number, but after 4 days I am still waiting on a call back from the regional Nissan office. This is a major safety issue that Nissan must take responsibility for correcting as soon as possible.

- Harlingen, TX, USA

Mar 292014

Murano 6-cyl

We were driving at 35 miles/hr with 3 years old daughter in the car seat in the back. Suddenly the roof just exploded. We had the inside cover of the sunroof open and the debris from the roof explosion flew in our daughter face. Fortunately, beside minor scratches on her face and crying when we put her back to the car, she is ok. She now resist us when we try to put her in this car. This is absolutely a quality issue from Nissan. We agree with Nissan that we never heard about roof exploding before, but we as many other have witnessed one from car made by Nissan.

- Memphis, TN, USA