2011 Nissan Murano engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Murano:

2011 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Mar 102016

Murano

While exiting a parking space at a low speed (less than 10 mph) the car unexpectedly accelerated to full throttle. Braking would not hold it and my car ran into another vehicle after traveling 5-15 yards, pushing it up on a sidewalk before stopping. Both cars total loss due to bent frame/rails. My front end demolished and radiator pushed into engine but no airbags deployed. After the incident it was discovered that my accelerator pedal had snapped off.

- Lynchburg, VA, USA

Feb 132016

Murano

My door locks began to fail intermittently when I try to enter or exit the vehicle. On 2/13/16 I got into the vehicle late at night, cranked it, put it in drive, and began to pull off when the vehicle totally shut down and would not crank(leaving me stranded, at night, in freezing wrather). The vehicle would not restart. It would only click....then eventually do nothing. Later that evening we attempted again. It would not start until we hit the lock bitton on the remote.(battery previously replaced). This is clearly a defect with Nissan as seen on many complaint forums. All 4 actuators failing are rediculous. I was told by a mechanic (not associated with Nissan but has had to work many of the same issues with their vehicles) that it is a security system issue and the vehicle actually thinks you are stealing it so it sh*ts down. Hopefully, it won't think that while I am traveling on the interstate. Please investigate. The next day, it wouldn't start.

- Chesnee, SC, USA

Dec 222015

Murano 6-cyl

Less than 100,000 miles on the car, 4 engine mounts are cracked, never off road, used for commuting and travel on highways. On chat board for Murano owners, found several other instances of cracked motor mounts, happening as early as approximately 30,000 miles. Not sure of date occurring but told at oil change service Nissan of bakersfield about engine mount problem, I think on 12/22/15.

- Taft, CA, USA

Dec 022015

Murano

Started going 70-60 mph on freeway and car suddenly stopped accelerating causing me to move quickly to the other side of the freeway. I think it may be the alternator, not sure yet

- Arlington, TX, USA