2.0

2011 Nissan Murano miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Murano:

2011 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Feb 132016

Murano

My door locks began to fail intermittently when I try to enter or exit the vehicle. On 2/13/16 I got into the vehicle late at night, cranked it, put it in drive, and began to pull off when the vehicle totally shut down and would not crank(leaving me stranded, at night, in freezing wrather). The vehicle would not restart. It would only click....then eventually do nothing. Later that evening we attempted again. It would not start until we hit the lock bitton on the remote.(battery previously replaced). This is clearly a defect with Nissan as seen on many complaint forums. All 4 actuators failing are rediculous. I was told by a mechanic (not associated with Nissan but has had to work many of the same issues with their vehicles) that it is a security system issue and the vehicle actually thinks you are stealing it so it sh*ts down. Hopefully, it won't think that while I am traveling on the interstate. Please investigate. The next day, it wouldn't start.

- Chesnee, SC, USA