2012 Nissan NV2500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan NV2500:

2012 Nissan NV2500 Owner Comments

Jun 052014

On 5/23 at the 30000 mi service for my 2012 Nissan nv 2500 van, the jim click Nissan rotated the tires but failed to adjust the tire pressure (50 psi front and 80 psi rear) and failed to reset the TPMS. As a result I was 30 psi under inflated in the rear tires on a heavily loaded van and the TPMS was unable to detect this. Even though I thought the tires looked low, and I checked the TPMS while driving (only way it works) and saw 77/78 psi and thought the pressure was fine, not realizing the TPMS was giving me the front tire pressure, 30 psi over inflated. I checked the TPMS again with the same result. Finally, I checked the pressure manually and corrected the pressure but was unable to reset the TPMS. Had the dealer not adjusted the pressure or not reset the TPMS, this would have been detected. Failing to do both put me at risk of a blow out and serious accident.

- Tucson, AZ, USA