2002 Nissan Quest engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Nissan Quest:

2002 Nissan Quest Owner Comments

Feb 122010

Purchased Van new. Ran perfectly until Feb. 2010. Started idling rough, then almost completely stopped running. My mechanic diagnosed the problem as a bad fuel injector. ($300 plus labor to fix one injector) I decided to take his advice and replace them all while the engine was apart. When I picked up the van, it was much better but still running with a shimmy at idle. Within 10 days it was running just as bad as it had before. My mechanic said one of the new injectors was faulty. He replaced it at no cost to me. Picked the van. It ran better, but still had a shimmy in the idle. Took it to another mechanic and paid him to do a computer diagnosis. He showed me on the computer that one cylinder was very low compression. He fixed it and I put about 13k more miles on it. It still had a shimmy in the idle. Now it's getting worse. Glad I found this site.

- , Allentown, PA, USA