2004 Nissan Quest cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Quest:

2004 Nissan Quest Owner Comments

May 302012

Quest 3.5L V6

The van will over heat when in idle. I'm talking if you stop at a stop light for more than one minute, I'm def gaining a bar. I usually stay around 4 bars on the hot and cold graph inside the vehicle. It only does this after driving it, I have to have 4 bars already and then come to a stop for me to gain another one. I can start it and let it idle without driving it and it never gains a bar. The mechanic couldn't even get it to over heat. He is stumped. But I had a sit on a bridge because of an accident one day and my bars made it all the way to the end where the H is. Yeah had to cut it off for almost an hour for it to cool down. Had plenty of clean oil and coolant in it so I'm not sure what is going on with it. Mechanic also checked thermostat and water pump and all possibilities he could think of. Stumped:(

- , Grandy, NC, USA