2004 Nissan Quest miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Quest:

2004 Nissan Quest Owner Comments

Apr 022016

I've had constant problems with the transmission slipping!! when in motion.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Nov 202015

They told me I have a electrical problem on my 2004 Nissan Quest but my heat turns on but my con pressure is not turning on.. please help I am a single mom I cant afford a new car and I have 9 months months to finish paying off car

- Miami, FL, USA

Oct 132015

Bought the 2004 Nissan Quest in January 2015, from a dealership other than Nissan, told vehicle is unsafe to drive, this is from a Nissan dealer, as when I contacted Nissan I had to take to an authorized Nissan place to have it diagnosed and send them the info, Nissan place said the subframe is rusted badly, if I were to hit a pothole, it could break and be in serious accident! he also said he would park it, I've only had it since January of this year, another mechanic also said that it was like that when bought as that doesn't happen in less than a year, contacted Nissan usa and was told pretty much not their problem.

- Rockford, MI, USA

Jul 132015

My family's 2004 Nissan Quest spontaneously stalled while being driven on a total of five occasions since purchasing the vehicle on July 9th, 2015. The first incident occurred on about July 13th, 2015 in a parking lot while moving at a low speed of not more than ten miles an hour but every stalling incident since then was while the vehicle was being driven on roads at various speeds over ten miles and hour and under fifty miles an hour. When the vehicle is being driven before stalling there are no significant indications before hand to indicate that there is anything wrong with the vehicle except that on the last few occasions we have noticed that a second or two before stalling the check engine and slip lights glow. After stalling the vehicle restarts either on a first attempt or a second attempt. The vehicle does not stall every time it is driven either. Although I do not have any mechanical expertise, some online research into this matter suggests that on 2004 models, and fixed in later models, there may be an issue with corrosion to the ECM due to the placement of the module in a location that is subject to water intrusion.

- Warren, OH, USA

Jun 222015

I was driving my van and I came to a stop on a hill and it wouldn't go, I had to push the pedal to the floor to go. And it won't go in reverse either. I had power problems years ago but turning my van off and back on 'fixed' the problem. Also the timing chain issue has been going on for years.

- Dallastown, PA, USA

May 292015

When we went to replace the lower control arm on the passenger side of the vehicle a softball size hole in the subframe caused by rust was discovered. As a result of the car being up on jacks, the subframe snapped in half. After researching this problem, we have discovered that this is a common occurrence, in Nissan Quests and is caused in part because of poor drain location for the air conditioner. It is our understanding that Nissan is aware of this problem and has addressed it with warranties in other models, but not the Quest. Which, I now must fork out at a minimum of $2,000 to replace.

- North Aurora, IL, USA

Jun 042010

Children was entering vehicle and door spontaneously closed on hand. This has happened periodically since, but never with the exact same circumstances. Ie opened door to load packages, turned back around and door started closing.

- Portland, TN, USA

Sep 052004

Nissan Quest 2004 buzzing/whining noise from timing chain area and cause van to stall

- St.Peters, MO, USA

Jan 302009

I bought a Nissan Quest 2004 van from broad street Honda dealer at richmond it has serious door problem which was not locking completely and it is obviously not save for my three children. I took the van to them and the don't want to fix the problem even it is under their warranty for 3000 mile or three months even I also bought from them an extended warranty but it is useless they said even I paid 14000 dollars of it. They simply want me to give the car to them bellow the price I bought from them. I believe it is fraud a clear fraud. Please help me.

- Richmond , VA, USA

May 062004

Quest 6-cyl

A/C problems, rattles, sliding doors raking paint off of sides of vehicle.

- Midland, TX, USA

Jul 012004

Quest 6-cyl

On March 31 2004, my wife and I purchased a 2004 Nissan Quest SE. (VIN 5N1bv2U44N352872). The reason for the purchase was due to the size and ages of our family members. We have 4 children. They are aged as follows: 14 years, 11 years, 20 months, 6 weeks. Since we have purchased this vehicle we have had the same problem over and over. With about 350 miles on it, the air conditioner locked up and the compressor was replaced. Around may we noticed the ac was not cooling the van off at all. Keep in mind we are in Texas and this is one of the milder months. We took the van in sometime in early June to have them look at it. Shortly there after they returned the vehicle stating it was performing to manufacturer's specifications. I then went and purchased a ac vent thermometer. On low the temperature blowing out of the vents is cold around 50 degrees Fahrenheit. However when you turn it to medium or high speed the temperature that blows out at the vents is around 70-75 degrees. This temperature is consistent even after the car has been running at highway speeds for approximately 30-35 minutes with an outside temperature of around 90. (which again is mild for a Texas summer). With the air on high for 30-35 minutes the temperature in the cabin at the middle row of seats is 87 degrees. This is also with the rear air on high as well. My child's pediatrician advised me to not let my infant ride in these temperatures for extended periods of time due to the possibility of dehydration. So, basically I am in a $35,000 (msrp) automobile that I can not let my child ride in on any trips for fear that he may get sick. This is not right and I should not have to suffer nor should my child. The vehicle is simply not performing as it should.

- Richardson, TX, USA