2006 Nissan Quest drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Quest:

2006 Nissan Quest Owner Comments

May 252015

My vehicle jumps at 35 miles per hour and makes a loud clicking noise from the timing chain.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Jun 012014

Coming home from church with my family I was slowing down to make a turn at an intersection and van started jerking in the middle of the intersection and would not accelerate as I was crossing intersection. Serious safety issue for my family and others on the road. If Nissan wants to hold up their name and keep their customers, they need to recall these vehicles and repair them immediately before someone dies from their malfunctioning vehicles.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Feb 172014

Quest 6-cyl

This is safety concern for me and my family. My Nissan Quest 2006 SE when it down shifts does not accelerate. This problem is a serious risk for me and my family when we are on the interstate and then exit and wait at the signal the car does not move and just revs up with almost zero acceleration. I want Nissan to take this car back and provide me a replacement.

- Lehi, UT, USA

Jun 122012

Quest 6-cyl

As you start off from a stop the transmission jerks in the lower gears, the speed surges then goes back down and there is an infrequent knocking noise. The transmission also starts to gear down as you go down a decline at speeds of 45-50 mph.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Jan 082013

While driving on highway the van started to shake while applying the brake and then there was no power as the gas was pressed. The gas was to the floor and the max speed was 50 mph. The more you drove the worst it got. I am only talking driving approximately 15-20 mile. When you first start out it is not as bad, but it is absolutely not safe to drive nor am I willing to drive it anymore. I have read articles on this and it certainly seems like a common problem. Lets get it together Nissan!!!!! I really want to know if going import is worth it. I have a 2001 GMC with over 175,000 with no problems.

- Apex, NC, USA

Dec 052012

Quest 6-cyl

Transmission failed causing vehicle to drop to neutral and loose acceleration above 20 mph. No power was available until the vehicle was slowed below 15 mph. Incident happened after turning into traffic and trying to accelerate to 45 mph. Traffic behind the vehicle had to brake quickly to avoid rear end collision.

- Brunswick, OH, USA

Nov 152009

The failure occurs while driving at either local traffic speeds or highway speeds. It is an intermittent problem. The failure is that, while braking, the vehicle accelerates on its own, as if the accelerator has been depressed for passing, causing the transmission to drop to a lower gear and the vehicle to lurch forward. The brake pedal must be vigorously depressed to counteract the acceleration. Experience has shown that, if the transmission is slipped into neutral and then returned to drive, the vehicle will return to normal until the next incident. The incidents have occurred six times over the past two years, the most recent being on Sunday, November 15, while trying to brake as I approached a dangerous curve on a mountain road. Please note that the accelerator was not obstructed by the floor mat or any other object during these incidents, nor was the accelerator pedal depressed at the same time as the brake pedal. I took the vehicle to eisenhauer Nissan on at their first appointment on November 17, 2009. I also called Nissan corporate headquarters to report the issue. The dealership was unable to diagnose the problem or correct it because the intermittent problem was not occurring at that moment. On November 17 Nissan regional representative owen welch responded to my second call to Nissan hq, but told me there was nothing Nissan could do for me. At my insistence he said he would follow up. Welch called again on November 23, 2009 to inform me that Nissan couldn't help and that he was closing my file. The vehicle has approximately 52,000 miles and is still under warranty.

- Reading, PA, USA