2008 Nissan Rogue steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Rogue:

2008 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Mar 312015

Rogue 4-cyl

I was stopped at a red light and I noticed that my steering wheel jerked slightly then the ps light came on and I didn't know what had happened until I had to make a left turn. After that I drove it to the closest place to have them look at it and this operation printed me out a report called NHTSA campaign and told me to take it to the St. Charles Nissan dealer. On my way there the ps light was off and I was able to drive it there with no issues. The employee at Nissan that helped me said he was able to look at it and told me there wasn't anything wrong with the power steering. He called it a glitch. I was able to drive from the dealer back to work with no problems. After work the ps light came back on when I was on the highway. I went to my friends house to pick up my son and I stayed for a few hours. When I got back in my car the ps light was off and remained off until the next morning right when I pulled into the driveway at work. It has remained on since then and has not turned off. The campaign states that it's for Nissan Rogue's 2008-2009 vehicles but when the dealer put in my VIN it did not show up for my model, however the models that it does show up for is the same vehicle as mine with the same power steering issue. I would like Nissan to take full responsibility for covering all parts and labor to repair my vehicle.

- Warrenville, IL, USA

Feb 232015

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the steering wheel made an abnormal noise when making turns. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and it was determined that steering gear housing had become loose. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 09V411000 (steering).the failure mileage was 120,000.

- Katy, TX, USA

Oct 092014

Rogue 4-cyl

Mechanic claims that as he was backing my car up into a parking space and out of no where the steering wheel violently jerked hurting his finger. Then when they took it out for a text drive, going about 10 mph, the steering wheel completely locked up and they were unable to turn it left or right.

- Stafford, VA, USA

Oct 222012

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, she heard an abnormal whining noise. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis and the contact was informed that the transmission would need to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified and offered to cover one month of her vehicle payments. In addition, the contact stated that she could hear a popping noise in the steering wheel and the air pressure warning light would illuminate randomly. The failure and current mileage was 69,000.

- Rosharon, TX, USA

Jan 012010

On the early morning of 12/31/09, the car I was driving is a Nissan Rogue 2008.I was making a left turn from braddock rd to danbury forest dr, I lost control of the steering wheel. It kept going around and fortunately, the cars coming from the opposite side of the road were able to use their brakes and avoid a terrible accident. At that time I thought it was an ice on the ground. Later on, 01/01/10, driving on route 50 and making a left turn onto annandale rd. Once again, I lost control of the steering wheel. I tried to make a right or left turn, the steering wheel I tried to take the car off of the road to avoid an accident. At that time, the cars were passing by. On Friday early morning, the car was towed to the sheehy Nissan dealer which is located at 6727 loisdale rd. Springfield, va. 22150. On Saturday morning, I went to report the incident. Later on of the same day, the mechanic called to informed that a part of the steering was broken and they will be ordering and fix it by Wednesday. I'm very disappointed with this car. It is new and many parts of it are continually falling. If I'm alive it is not because of the safety of the car. It is a miracle. This two incidents, are not the first with this type of car. Approximately, two months ago, I was driving when the shift stick got stuck and it starter making a loud noise every time I waited to turn either side. I took the car to the same dealer and the mechanic told me it was a boot from the shift stick that got loose. I'm reporting this incident because know I realized that driving a Nissan Rogue is driving straight to the grave. Not been able to control your car on the highways or the streets, it turns into a killer machinery not just for the driver, but also for the community. It is a car that is constantly braking pieces or falling in parts. This car needs to be removed from the streets.

- Springfield, VA, USA