8.6

$3,167.00

1. replace the CVT transmission (16 reports)
  3. replace transmission (5 reports)
2008 Nissan Rogue transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Rogue:

2008 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Apr 012017

Rogue SL 2.5L

I'm very disappointed on Nissan and on the CVT transmission. I will never buy in my life a Nissan.

- , Stouffville, ON, Canada

May 232017

Rogue SL

• CVT transmission

I am a Junior in high school and I was driving to school one morning. The car started making really weird noises, but I didn't really think anything of it at first. So I made it to school, and went through my day as usual. I had a really important event to be at that night, and planned to drive to it straight after school was over. When I turned on the car, it made a very prominent strange noise (it was obvious something was wrong). I made it out of the parking lot (surprisingly), but soon after, the noises were becoming more frequent and my car stopped working. I couldn't accelerate the vehicle, and then it started to slow down while I was driving. The "service engine" light came on, so I pulled into a CVS (it was very surprising I even made it to the CVS, because my car was barely moving).

We called a tow truck and towed it to my auto shop. The quote was about $3,600 to get it fixed. Considering I can't pull that kind of money out of my ass, bye-bye car. In case it wasn't obvious, the transmission needed to be replaced. The funny thing is, Nissan extended their warranty to 120,000 miles after receiving multiple complaints, however the majority of said complaints happened soon after their cars reached 120,000 miles. Thank you, Nissan, for screwing over a 17 year old. I hope you know you've caused a lot of issues.

- , Cedar Park, US

Feb 162017

• CVT transmission

To whom it might concern,

December 31, 2007 I purchased my new 2008 Nissan Rogue was really happy and excited. First couple of months I notice this vehicle was having a hard time backing up but i didn't think it was anything to worry about since my car was new, right?

I have always taken care of my car, clean, oil change every three months, mechanic check, even bought good expensive tires. My Nissan and I have been through so many good memories and adventures, This was even my car that took me to the altar when I got married this past September.

This past week out of nowhere my Nissan started to shake a lot and was having a hard time with the accelerator, i was so scared because it was raining and could of gotten into an accident. I took it to my mechanic and he said it was the transmission. But how can this be? my car is not too old to be having this kind of problem, is not like I race my car or don't take care of it. He gave me an estimate of 3,000 dollars, I was in shock. I do not have this kind of money to spend on my car. I am a 31 year old woman planning to start a family soon and this is not what I had in mind. The mechanic suggested to call Nissan and see if there was anything they can help me with, to my surprise and after doing research I found out that a lot of other owners are having the same problem with the transmission and that the warranty changed to 10 years/120 miles. So I ordered a tow truck (because my car was not running anymore at this point) and took it to my nearest Nissan dealership. I was so happy thinking it was going to get resolved and I will have my car back. NOT. Next day I get a call from the Nissan service saying that my car is not covered by the warranty and it will be $3,789.11 to repair, I asked why if my car is only 9 years old, they said because it's 120 miles and I have 127 miles. They suggested I call Nissan Headquarters to see if they can do anything for me, so I did. Customer Service was great, very professional so I can't complain about that. They opened a case for me and had someone call me back the next day ( case # 25569327). I received the called yesterday, to my surprise there was nothing they can do for me even though I am only 7000 miles over, I asked if I can get some kind of discount since this is an auto part defect and not because I neglected my car, they said no, there was nothing they can do for me. I couldn't even say bye or thank you to the person that called me, I just hung up the phone and burst into tears.

At this point I am so disappointed at Nissan, I feel betrayed and robbed. I bought a new car that only lasted me for 9 years when I was hoping for many more years. I called a dealer and they said It was time for a new car, really? Is this the way Nissan makes money? Selling defective cars that will only last 9 years so we can buy another one?

I do not have $4000 to spend to fix my car, at this moment am car-less and using Uber to go to work, I cannot go anywhere else.

I just wish Nissan would of help me knowing that this is a problem that a lot of other buyers have and that there was a recall for it.

And with this being said, am breaking up my relationship with Nissan, I will NEVER buy another Nissan or recommend it.

Erika Ramos

- , Montebello, US

Nov 242016

Rogue S 2.5L I4 Sfi Dohc 16v

Check out this site to see how Nissan is deceiving the public with their no good, CVT Transmission, installed in Altimas, Rouges, and Pathfinders.

We live in the Denver area, and my Daughter is in college in Utah. She complained for the last several months while in school that the car would sporadically just stop accelerating. She also said she had not changed the oil in a while, so I thought that's what her problem was. She changed the oil, and continued telling me that it would just stop accelerating, and she was scared to drive it, because she felt she would get into an accident. Her school is in South Central Utah, and the closest Nissan service center was 100 + miles away, so I recommended she take it to the local mechanic. They would fill it with fluid, and told her it had a leak in the transmission.

I told her to take it to the nearest Transmission shop, (Provo, 100 + miles away), and he told us about the Nissan CVT Transmission issues, and it would be $3900 to replace. The car now has 123,900 miles on it. After researching, and finding out that Nissan extended the warranty to 120,000 miles, which I knew that the car was over the warranty, but decided to have it towed to Ken Garff Nissan, nearby. The verdict, replace the CVT Transmission at my expense, for $4600.

I told the technician that what's the use of paying that much money, and then have the same problem happen again. He explained that now they also install a CVT cooling unit, which is suppose to fix the problems. I let him know that that's what Nissan should have originally done, recall the Transmission, and install the cooling unit.

I immediately called Nissan Consumer Affairs, and filed a complaint. They called the next day, (today), and said they could not do anything, and closed the case! The investigator said that this only happened in the Rouges from 2003 through 2010. I let him know that that was not true, and is happening to several other models with the CVT transmission, up to 2015! He said there was nothing they could do but to put me in a new vehicle! What a joke, why in the hell would I buy another Nissan, when I can look online and see hundreds of CVT Transmissions complaints as recently as the 2015 models!

I will never by another Nissan, and I recommend anyone who is in the market, to steer clear of any Nissan with a CVT Transmission. In my research, I discovered that Ford and Chrysler tried the CVT Transmission, and abandoned it because of the issues it caused.

- , Littleton, CO, USA

Oct 222016

Rogue

I WAS RETURNING FROM A TRIP ON OCTOBER 22, 2016, (WHICH WAS A 2 HOUR TRIP ONE WAY), I NOTICED HESITATION IN TAKEOFF AT EVERY STOP LIGHT WHEN I WAS WITHIN 50 MILES FROM HOME. I MADE IT HOME, PARKED AND TURNED OFF THE IGNITION. WHEN I STARTED THE CAR AGAIN IT WOULD NOT MOVE.

MY PASSENGER AND I WERE PLACED IN A DANGEROUS SITUATION, THERE WAS NO PRIOR WARNING THAT ANYTHING WAS WRONG WITH MY CAR.

THE WEDNESDAY PRIOR TO MY TRIP I TOOK THE CAR IN FOR SERVICE T JIM JOHNSON'S NISSAN IN BOWLING GREEN, KY AND WAS TOLD THAT EVERYTHING WAS FINE, BUT WAS ASKED IF I HAD NOTICED ANY KIND OF HESITATION, BUT I HADN'T AND WAS NOT TOLD ABOUT THE TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS IN 2008 ROGUE'S. I DID SOME INVESTIGATION ON LINE AND FOUND OUT THAT THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE CVT TRANSMISSIONS USED IN THE ROGUE'S.

A WEEK AFTER MY CAR TROUBLES MY COUSIN, WHO HAS A 2010 ROGUE TOLD ME THAT HER TRANSMISSION WENT OUT AND WAS COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. I CALLED JIM JOHNSON'S NISSAN AND WAS TOLD THAT THE WARRANTY WAS 125000 OR 10 YEARS, WHICHEVER CAME FIRST. UNFORTUNATELY MY CAR HAD 139,450 AND WAS 10 YEARS OLD AND IT WAS COST $3,600 TO REPAIR. I CONTACTED RUSSELLVILLE TRANSMISSION AND HAD IT REPAIRED FOR $2,800.

- , Auburn, KY, USA

Feb 052016

Rogue S 2.5L

won't shift

what can you do when the dealer ship says they are nothing wrong

- , london, KY, USA

Mar 252016

Rogue SL 2.5L I4

• CVT transmission

No Nissans for me again! Rogue CVT Transmission failed at 119K, got it fixed under warranty from the dealer. The car failed in Savannah, GA, 640 Miles from my home. After 1280+ miles of driving to and from Savannah to collect the vehicle, the Nissan 1 rep kept saying that they don't have any policy to at least reimburse me for the rental car for the trip nor even gave me vouchers for future repairs in the vehicle, nor was willing to commit to increasing the warranty period on the new transmission. They stuck to their 'policy' throughout the conversation about not reimbursing anything. No goodwill towards the customer and no regard of what the customer has been through with a transmission failure in a car that I hoped will go at least to 200K miles without major issues. Everything was a 'No, not in our policy'. Nissan, you lost a customer today forever. Adios.

- , Germantown, TN, US

Mar 062016

Rogue LS 2.5L

I purchased my Nissan Rogue in Nov of 2012. I tested out a few Toyota's and Honda but have always heard great things about Nissan so I ended up at Morries Nissan of Brooklyn Park Mn (The buy Happy People)..NOT SO HAPPY WITH THEM NOW!

Anyways I work 2 plus jobs to make sure I can afford a nice car to get my kids and I around. Now I know high miles will bring unwanted issues and I have been keeping up on that without fail. I actually had it in the shop 5 days before my CVT went out and all things looked great on the scan. I went out of town for a quick 3 1/2 hr drive to get a friend and as I got off the exit I new my car felt strange. I got to the gas station and my friends met me and they knew right away it was the transmission. So here I was stranded in another state with a car not moving and it was a Sunday so no auto shops open and I had to rent a car at the airport to get home.

I got my Rogue to my car guy the next day and he confirmed it was my CVT. After doing research on the CVT I found out that they are known for their issues and the extended warranty went into place. Of course I am over by 24,000 but I saw that if you are over you should still contact Nissan. I did and started a claim got a call back from the Midwest Corporate guy who told me too bad we can not help.

So now I am making payments on a car that has a trade in value of 2,500 because Nissan doesn't know how to make their transmissions and now that is my problem!?!? How about you stop being fancy with your engineering and make some sh*t that actually WORKS NISSAN!!

I am a single mom and although I have the money to get a used CVT there are literally none for sale in the whole nation imagine that cause they are a piece of sh*t and can not be salvaged. So Now I ask what am I to do???? Because a car is a huge investment and I don't have the luxury of going out and getting a new one every time a company fails at what they are suppose to be good at.

NISSAN IS A WORTHLESS COMPANY AND I WILL BE LETTING EVER SINGLE PERSON KNOW ABOUT THEM AND THEIR BUSINESS ETHICS BECAUSE THEY SUCK!

- , Minneapolis, MN, US

Feb 182016

• CVT transmission

A low Purr in the engine had become a louder putting noise (like when a balloon is placed on a bicycle wheel so sounds like a motorcycle). The purr was so intermittent that I thought I was imagining it at first. I have taken my vehicle to dealers for services and not once did any "Master mechanics" mention that I should have the transmission checked OR that they would do it as courtesy. I took my vehicle for an oil change and decided to do a diagnostic (which I paid). Four hours later, I was told that the transmission was no good and that it would cost $5,100.00 to replace it along with a few other overpriced services. I was given the option to turn it in as a down payment towards another vehicles. NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!!! As a customer, I think that Nissan should pay for the New transmission and installment. It is ridiculous that I have to pay to replace a transmission that was under warranty and that problem was so rampant that the Warranty had to be doubled.

I believe that I will continue to have problems with that vehicle. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NISSAN AND WILL GET RID OF IT ASAP!!!

Update from Mar 2, 2016: I filed a complaint with Nissan consumer complaints they called me a couple of days after I filed but since I was at work I couldn't talk to them. I called back and left a couple voice mails and called at different hours and it took them two weeks to call me. I spoke to a man who stated that he was a manager of consumer complaints/affairs. He gave me a run down of his research of service on the rogue and stated that I had lapses of service. I explained that I had my private certified mechanic who did all required services (at half the cost). I told him that I believed Nissan showed a huge lack of consideration towards their consumers by not helping out with this issue that was caused by their defective parts. He stated that Nissan had extended to 120,000 as a courtesy on tranny's. I told him that my belief was that they extended only because the complaints of the transmissions ran in the hundreds. After a waste of 20mins of my life I flat out asked "What was Nissan if anything was willing to do to resolve this? to which he stated: I apologize but there's nothing that Nissan will do. I was upset but not surprised. I told him that for years I was always confident of the quality that Nissan represented but from that point on I would NEVER buy another Nissan as long as I lived. That the conversation was over and unless he had anything new to add to have a good night!

There you have it. Nissan told me to go F*** myself. Nissan can do the same. Next is a complaint to NHTSA but I don't expect anything.....

- , Canoga Park, CA, USA

Sep 012011

Rogue S

• CVT transmission

Purchased the car new last day of December 2008. In July of 2011 started noticing some odd noises which turned out to be the CVT transmission, this consistently has happened every 30 or 40 thousand miles, 3 transmissions into it and at 114 thousand miles,today again typical,CVT loss of power. Thank goodness it is all documented and I kept the service records

Last thing they said (Nissan) was the fix is the transmission cooler they installed , I am thinking great maybe this is the fix, so I asked if i could extend my existing extended warranty but they said "no way"

I should have taken a hint !

My dealer,has been wonderful wish I could say the same for Nissan as they blow me off with " it just must be a bad one there really is nothing wrong"

WTF Nissan I am not stupid.

I have had several calls into the factory and have had multiple requests to meet with the factory territory manager but seems Nissan is very protective of themselves.

I have had much success with Datsun Nissan and Infinity cars, last car before this POS Rogue was a 1998"Pathfinder which i gave away in fine running condition with 305 thousand miles and all I did was routine service

I never though I would be so disappointed by the manufacture, hey we all have problems, I get it

But this is costly to,all who have trusted the big "N"

I have been told lemon law does not cover this issue as it has been too long, yeah no sh*t it has been long since the 1st problem up until today , I drive the problem every single day I will try the Lemmon law again

Come on Nissan step up and do the right thing work,with us poor,folk and get us out of this inferior product

- , Sewell, NJ, USA

Jun 232015

Rogue SL 2.5l4

• CVT transmission

I reported the standard CVT transmission overheating issue to I-90 Nissan in Sheffield, Ohio In May 2014 with just about 101K miles.. Once I told them about the issue and where to find the Nissan Service Bulletin, they were doing their best to get it fixed.

First they did a flush and fill on the transmission (Per the bulletin). The problem still happened and got worse., I could no longer accelerate after highway cruising. They ordered a cooler for it, and gave me a rental as my car was not safe. After 4 months of driving the rental, I still had no estimate on when they would receive the transmission cooler.

I called Nissan Consumer affairs, and after some very heated conversation, my dealership received a transmission cooler in 3 days. It was installed and returned to me. By this time, it was October! I explained that the transmission wouldn't get more than my daily commute to heat it up until summer 2015. I was informed that the dealership "would be more than happy to make notes in my service record and if anything happened, even after the warranty period, we (the dealership) would work with me due to my customer loyalty.)

Well this Father's Day I drove to Myrtle Beach, SC from Cleveland, OH. And I called them about the problem on the way down to MB and on the way back! Now they tell me I need a new transmission, but since it is after the 120k warranty period, I am responsible for all the repair costs...Come on Nissan!

I have owned 5 Nissans and have bought 7 cars from 2 dealerships! And since this is the same issue I reported 30K miles ago, IT WAS NEVER FIXED WHILE UNDER WARRANTY!! So basically, I fee that I was milked along until it was out of warranty, so they would not have to pay for yet another replacement transmission! I have found records of HUNDREDS of these warranty replacements online...So why doesn't Nissan just do the right thing and A) replace them with CVT2 Transmissions and not the faulty CVT v1.0, and B) REPLACE THEM FREE OF CHARGE!!!

Next Stop? YELP and FACEBOOK!

- , Elyria, OH, US

Apr 022015

Rogue S AWD 2.5L

• CVT transmission

I bought my Nissan Rogue 2008 in March of 2013. I was used. My first trip in the car was awful. On the way back home it would have taken us 4 hours to get home but instead it took us 6 hours. The car wouldn't go. You could push the gas paddle all the way to the floor and it wouldn't go. We had to stop on the road for a bit until it would go. I made it to a nearby town and stopped at a car lot there was nothing they could do. But I made it home and I went to my Nissan dealership and they put me in a transmission.

On April 2nd 2015 I was headed out of town for Easter holiday and my transmission went out. I was stranded on the side of the road for 3 hours. I called and had me towed to the nearest town and there is where my car is still sitting. The transmission is only 13 months old with less than 25000 miles on that transmission. I only owe $2100.00 on the car. Nissan will not help me. If I get it fixed that would make 3 transmission in 14 months. My car has a lot of miles on it, but the transmission doesn't.

My thing is your car has to have a transmission in it to go right? Then how can a car dealership like NISSAN not stand behind their product. What!!! That because they know they has no good quality in their transmission. They only offer a 12 months or 120,000 mike on their transmission. They have a recall on the transmission. That is why they replace the first transmission. And now here I am with no way to go to work, so I guess that I might lose my job. I just don't understand how the importance of a transmission is the lowest concern of NISSAN quality of their product. I really wish someone would share the light on that issue.

I am 50 years old, with no money, or no money saved, and no CAR. I cannot afford to get it fixed. I really just don't know what to do.

- , Daphne, AL, USA

Aug 012014

Rogue AWD

• CVT transmission

Since I bought the car in 2010, I have had situations with the transmission. Usually when I am traveling.I would have major acceleration problems and it just seemed like the transmission wouldn't go. 2 times, Nissan dealers told me it was O2 sensors, replaced them and sent me on my way. They weren't O2 sensors, they were the transmission. It has been dangerous at times then in October of 2014, I had to replace the transmission. It started by slipping in and out of gear (or not going into gear) then just popped.

I was annoyed, I then found that there was a recall and extended warranty for up to 120,000 miles but I was at 128,000 when I lost my transmission. Too bad for me even though I had been in a few times with the problem.

I was a Nissan Fan for a long time. this car has stolen the bloom off the rose for me. I have lost my patience, appreciation and faith in Nissan. Think I'm moving on soon.

Nissan has known about this transmission problem and refused to fix it. They are putting people in danger. I also had the stop in the middle of traffic/highway moments 3x and it is dangerous. I would love to know if there is ever a class action on this issue. I am sure people have not been as protected as I have been when this car just stops on them.

- , Grove City, OH, USA

Mar 212015

Rogue

I was searching for an answer of my problem but am sad to know that this a very common problem in this kind of vehicle.

I was driving from West Palm Beach to Tampa and after two hours of driving my car started to slow down. I thought I'd be OK because this happened before but this time went slower till stopped right there in the middle of the highway. After 20 minutes, it moves again very slow and took the next exit and stopped in a gas station, look underneath, and behind the car was full of transmission fuel. I got some transmission fluids and put some in there and it moves again, but after a couple of miles, slowed down again. I did that 5 more times till I got to my final destination (took me 5 hours to get there when in regular conditions takes 40 minutes)

I still don't know what to do. How to go back to West Palm Beach?

I thought by replacing some gasket I can solve the problem but from what I read of others situation, that's not the solution.

If somebody solved this problem, could you let everybody know how? Please.

- , Lake Worth, FL, USA

Feb 212015

Rogue V6

• CVT transmission

I have had problems with this car for about two years now the first time it acted up was driving home from the lake by myself and I had the pedal to the floor at one point and I was going 25mph so I pulled over and it wouldn't even start for over an hour then I tried again and it worked thank god. took the car to get codes ran and nothing popped up. so we ignored it thought maybe it just got too hot. well in February the same thing happened.

It threw no codes again, today March 16th, 2015 the Car threw Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Intermittent, Up and Down Shift Switch Circuit, and Engine Speed Input Circuit and really the only fix is getting a new transmission. I'm a 20 year old female working two jobs and just finished school still living with my parents and I don't have the money to pay for a new transmission it has 194,000 miles on it now so a new transmission is almost not worth it..

- , Harrah, OK, USA

Mar 162015

Rogue V6

• CVT transmission

Today my car did the same thing it has done 3 times and it finally threw codes and it was all transmission stuff. There was nothing wrong with it when we got it. Any Ideas on how much it would cost for a new Transmission? Is it even worth it for a car that has almost 200,000 miles on it anyways?

- , Harrah, OK, USA

Mar 152015

• CVT transmission

We purchased our 2008 Nissan Rogue used with about 88,000. We first began seeing problems with it about 6 months after purchasing it. After about 2-3 hours of driving, the vehicle began making a different noise, like a whizzing noise and began to lose power and would not accelerate. The gas pedal was all the way down to the floor and it continued to slow down. I called my uncle who then called a mechanic who then suggested that it was bad fuel and advised me to add some fuel cleaning solutions to the gas.

I pulled off the interstate at an exit so that I could purchase said fuel treatment and had to stop at a traffic light. However, when the light turned green the car would not go. The engine was running but it was like the car was in neutral or something. It slowly rolled forward into the oncoming traffic and I had my small child in the car with me, thankfully no accident occurred. This particular problem has happened on MULTIPLE occasions, even after multiple fuel treatments, but only occurs after driving about an hour or so and every mechanic says they can only diagnose the problem if it occurs while they are driving. And since it only occurs after long distances I have had a very difficult problem finding someone to diagnose it. No warning lights have ever come on at any point during any of these incidents.

However, two days ago, the vehicle completely broke down on the side of the interstate. I was two hours away from home when it began losing power again but this time it exhibited sporadic lurching for a brief period, then completely lost power, as if it were no longer in gear or getting any gas. I pulled off of the interstate, into the emergency lane and was completely unable to get the car to move.

Four different people (one of which was a mechanic and one of which was with a towing company) all looked at my car and listened to the issues it was having while it was experiencing this. All four men told me they believed it was the transmission. They told me that there is some sort of fluid/oil all over the bottom of the car.

No warning lights have ever come on at any point during any of these incidents.

The next day I had it towed to a Nissan dealership and I am waiting to hear the "official" diagnostic. I am now at 118,000 miles, and after doing some research have found that my case is not an isolated incident. Right now my mileage is just within the limit to be covered by the extended warranty (120,000) for the transmission.

I found out it's not just Rogues, there are a number of Nissan vehicles from different years with this particular type of transmission that are experiencing these sort of issues. Visit the Nissan website and see their posting about CVT transmissions. If you've had a similar experience, PLEASE write about your experience also, so Nissan will take this more seriously than they have at this point.

- , Oak Grove, KY, USA

Feb 202015

• CVT transmission

I bought this vehicle and took out a loan on it, so that I would have a reliable car and not have to worry about anything major going wrong with it in the near future. I have had the car for 6 months and, with no warning whatsoever, the transmission has experienced complete failure. I now have a vehicle that I still owe thousands of dollars on, it is un-driveable, and I can't get anywhere near what it is worth for a trade in since it doesn't move.

The Nissan dealer here did all he could to help me out, however, I think the company should be replacing these transmissions at no cost since there are so many complaints and instances of the same thing going wrong. This is not an isolated incident and they are fully aware of the problem, yet they do nothing for the hard working consumer who gave so much of their hard earned money to purchase these vehicles in good faith. Come on Nissan...do the right thing!!

- , Boone, NC, USA

Nov 202014

• CVT transmission

CVT transmissions should last longer than this, it might have 150.000 miles on it but highway miles. It is a 2008 Nissan Rogue, I think Nissan should stand by their product. There are a lot of complaints on the CVT transmission and they act like they don't care. That's where people need help to court order them to do this. I don't know about anyone else, I don't have 4000 dollars to buy a new one.

Update from May 27, 2017: i have a 2008 nissan rogue and my transmission is making noisy to. i replaced it one time already cant afford it again i bet i never own another nissan

- , Dayton, OH, USA

Dec 252014

Rogue

My Rogue (which I'm still paying a car note for) went out with NO warning whatsoever while I was on my way home from visiting relatives out of town on Christmas Day! We were just over 100K miles so thought we had no warranty available, so had vehicle towed to a local mechanic. The mechanic determined the transmission failed and was in the process of finding a replacement for us when I found this site and saw comments that there was an extension to the extended warranty. The mechanic performed no work and we had the vehicle towed to Nissan. The local service advisor recommended our warranty be listed as VOID due to tampering with the vehicle, although no work was done at all.

I've since had to contact Nissan Consumer Affairs and they escalated the issue to a specialist. It's been almost one month and I've gotten no reply from Nissan as to whether or not they will replace my transmission or not. I have a diagnostic fee pending from the service dept of $140, rental car fees that are mounting, and a towing and diagnostic fee from the other mechanic of $350...not to mention I'm still paying my monthly car note.

Nissan is too large a company for such poor service. They advised us there is no timeline for them to advise of their decision...REALLY! My first car was a Nissan and I was so pleased I purchased another one, but after this debacle I will NEVER buy another Nissan, nor will I recommend anyone else to their company.

- , Ellenwood, GA, US